Friday, January 27, 2017

At Bat Today, We Have Edward Snowden for the Sake of Quarrel without Rancor

Cadillac Man gave a brief review of "Snowden" last night and that elicited the thought of, well, I wonder if I could steal it.  That led to a review of P2P and, presto, there's a copy of "Snowden" here now.

There are known differences of opinion regarding Snowden's contribution to America and I have not yet watched the movie but probably will do that now or soon with two questions of whether it's entertaining and whether it's real.  C.M. said it's surprisingly entertaining so that gives a good lead.


For the quick restatement of the Rockhouse position, in Snowden I see a man who brought truth at great risk to his life and it put a bomb under the NSA and consequently other so-called Intel agencies.  I view that action as an exemplary form of patriotism when there's no possible objective beyond correction of a bad thing and, in this case, egregiously bad.

Trump called him a 'traitor' the other day so there's the view of some component of the other team.  I've learned that placing the regulars on this team or that one is hardly ever accurate but it's likely safe to say there's a variety of thoughts regarding what he did.


I'll wander about looking for an abstract but I have not done that yet.  There's a whole lot of I Hate Trump radio noise in the news which is to say there's nothing much in the news.  That makes "Snowden" look like a match when it's too damn cold to make market remotely interesting.


Trump is a cog in a clock doing exactly what cogs in clocks do ... except when he lies.  Bitching about cogs in clocks doesn't serve any purpose when that fails to address why the clock doesn't work. There's constantly the thinking there's only one cog at deviance because it's got to be that damn cog.

There's a fundamental rule of Silas Computer Programming:  if you look at something for more than fifteen minutes then you're looking in the wrong place.

I have no fault with Trump when he does absolutely predictable things which I don't like worth a shit.  I can protest the things but protesting him for doing them makes no sense at all.


I want to know what's wrong with the clock and the cogs can wait until it's clear which one or more need to be changed.  Therefore I watch "Snowden" for another perspective on the story.


It's probably clear now of the ground rules of no bitching, scratching, nor pulling of hair as I imagine that aspect is adequately flogged and it's cool to see it stays that way.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Problem with Trump is he lies. A lot. And he is so enamored with the limelight.

And obsessed with his popularity. I guess most billionaire are surrounded by Yes men and he is not used to being called on his lies or feeling unpopular.
Sucks to be the boss. I found out it was usually an unpopular position and even worse if you lied to your subordinates

Unknown said...

It was extremely uncomfortable to me as the previous boss was regarded by the sysfrog clan as a demi-god but I discovered he was just another mgmt prick when I wound up in his job. I was working to fix that but I couldn't tell them why. That kind of squirmy stuff was the suck part of mgmt but the design part was good.

Trump is making some huge mistakes, particularly with Israel, but they're not surprising mistakes given what Republicans have been trying to do all along. It gets tedious hearing how they're surprised by it since I only wonder how they could possibly be surprised. The most ludicrous was CNN shrieking Trump calls for an investigation but has no evidence but that's generally what investigations try to discover. Such a stupid snore.

Cadillac Man said...

Propaganda Is evident in the current and past administrations as throughout our society. Truth as perceived and prejudice often walk hand in hand. Only by questioning the truth can we hope to determine its veracity. This is the work of a free mind and an open society that allows for differences in perception and even alternative facts.

Unknown said...

The proof for me of how well the propaganda works is the almost total lack of interest in this article. I see relatively little willingness to face truth in America and that doesn't leave a whole lot of room for Ithaka when people can't / won't face what's in it.

Anonymous said...

Wouldn't have to believe you have the truth