Friday, January 27, 2017

Taking a Walk on the Wildest Side

'Taking a walk on the wild side' has usually been in reference to sexual experimentation but that's really not all that wild relative to things which will get you dead or might.

Cadillac Man has spoken admiringly of how I will do things alone but he always gets kind of a glib answer that I do things that way when there's no-one else interested or available to do it with me.  I would probably roll like we did for rock shows if anyone else was willin'.

The greatest of all solo stunts maybe ever was by Steven Newman who thought to himself, hmm, I think I will walk around the world ... by himself ... and he did.  The book is "Worldwalk" and I have not yet read it since reading stalled with "The Gripping Hand" and I'm too deep into it to walk away but it kind of bogged in detail so the stall.

Murph the Surf was probably a name he hated but some of you geezers will likely click to quick recognition.  He's the one who told Cadillac Man about "Worldwalk" for the sheer exhilaration of personal accomplishment, determination, etc.


If it ain't risking death, it's probably not worth doing.  Get that one completely since Lotho risked death in deciding Tennessee is the place and this is where I will raise my family.  That's absolutely a life-risking decision since maybe he gets to the end of the line and along the way discovers, man, I really did not want to do this.  He would not get another spin and effectively he's dead.

Note:  there is no editorial and that did not happen.


So take a walk on the wildest side ...





Who loves ya, baby.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not sure moving to Tennessee was death defying
Hell I almost moved to Plano, even had a house under contract.
Which would have been ok because I do love Mexican food and my favorite Italian restaurant is close to Plano
May take my daughters to that one in a fly by in a few weeks

Unknown said...

From my view, it's not an exaggeration since it was a life commitment and many times those don't work but you hit grandfather status so that's got to qualify as going the distance. Flying down to Plano with your daughters shows it and Texas has the hot sauce you all want.

Anonymous said...

And AFI is playing there. Doing the fly in watch the show and fly back.

Unknown said...

Oh, well, ain't this a tragedy! (larfs)

Davy, Davy, Davy!

Anonymous said...

I first saw him with my daughters when they were 12. Try allowing 12 year old girls to go into a mosh pit. And we have made his shows an event ever since.

Unknown said...

For me it would be like chucking them into a school of sharks. I don't have the stuffing for it (larfs).

Anonymous said...

It is amazing how bad ass those are
and from a young age

Unknown said...

I just saw the latest from A.F.I. and bad ass is still highly present in Davy Havok. Five point name too (larfs).