Monday, January 25, 2016

There is No GoFundMe Site Active

There is no GoFundMe site asking for support for the Silas and that may seem odd relative to recent articles but this isn't an attempt to proselytize, rather it's a post mortem; it doesn't matter what anyone does now.  They had a chance to show their honor and they didn't (shrug).  I played many, many benefit concerts and never expected I would need that to turn around and, what do you know, it didn't.


The actual problem is a high level of specialization insofar as I can design and run really gigantic mainframe computer systems ... but ... I have no idea how to work a cash register.  I was thinking maybe it would work to try clerking in a bookstore but there aren't that many left and people are getting more illiterate each day as a result of it.  Soon they will only communicate in text messages and grunts.

Running a cash register today looks like it's mostly just scratch and sniff relative to what was needed for them in previous years ... but I still don't know how to do it and presumably that would tank the interview.


It would also mean buying clothes which would be difficult but I could bluff by getting a pair of jeans and some sneakers.  The trouble is sneakers are hugely painful because the laces go over where one of the bone bits protrudes on the left foot and you don't even want to know what that feels like after a few hours of pressure.  It wasn't the bike crash which disabled me but rather when the truck lift gate was dropped on my foot.  For twenty years I would never admit the disablement and it was too late by the time I did.  By then, the medical records were scattered all over the country and this travesty of a system made it almost impossible to retrieve them.

Yes, the doctor in Rhode Island was aware of the damage to my shoulder and my foot.  He never looked at either one.  It was only after getting the hell away from him in Cincinnati that I got to the doctor who gave the shoulder the immediate attention it needed (i.e. shoulder replacement surgery).  That wasn't a miracle cure and it's again almost as restricted for range of motion as it was back then and it's making the crunchy noises again.


The music isn't all that far out on the edge, at least not in my view, but it's still impossible to move the kit so that aspect is useless as well.  Another theft would be all the more intolerable because most of the kit isn't mine.  That's not paranoia since it's less than twenty miles to where the previous theft took place.  Good chance whomever did it is still around here somewhere.

(Ed:  or has become someone's prison bitch)

Yah, that's a pleasant thought, isn't it (larfs).


Lotho even sounded a little defensive he hasn't done more yet he is one of the two who have helped more than anyone else on the planet.

Frasers don't sponge and that lesson is so deep I don't even know what overt thing was ever said or done to leave that impression but it's the same with the whole family.  I've had a nasty taste from playing in Second Life ever since the beginning because it's entirely based on tips so it's not like you're paid for a service but rather people do you a favor ... and that stinks like a refuse pit in the hot summer sun.

You can seriously throw a one-dollar tip in SL where it will look like about $250L and the musician will go thank you, thank you ... and mean it.  That whole trip is insane and has created a class of institutionalized musical begging.  It would be exactly the same in pushing a CD and that, in part, is why there is almost zero enthusiasm for doing it.


Fresh out of answers but honestly not depressed, more pissed than depressed.


The biggest problem of all is zero word from the Mystery Lady lately.  I apologize for the lack of a working telephone but there's not much to be done about it.  Only today is the water even running clear.  The water works flushed out the system in some way from a fire hydrant and who knows what that even means but the water isn't appearing milky like it did.

Hoping to hear from you.  Meanwhile I will keep writing so the richies can amuse themselves watching me burn.

Two words, right:  fuck 'em (larfs).

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I called Tuesday, 26th January 2016 at around 5-6pm. Left a message. You dont have a working phone and I dont have a working computer...and I am not using my own computer to write this message. 'Nuff said....

Love, ML

Unknown said...

I don't mean at all to be critical, I just worry sometimes. Well, more accurately, I worry every time I haven't heard anything in a while! I really do regret being difficult and you know it's not my purpose. Hopefully we talk soon!

Anonymous said...

I think I understand...seems like we have lost some folks in our age group and we never know who will be next. Not being morbid...what was that line? "this is reality, Billy!" Yeah it would be great to talk to ya--Ive got the minutes...been saving them up fer ya :) Turn on that phone will, ya? I will try to call Friday-say 2pm?? I have been keeping the vampire hours lately.

Unknown said...

Friday at 2pm sounds exceptionally excellent. Please keep in mind I'm an hour earlier because, well, Central Time never really could keep up (ha ha).

My thinking is generally don't get lost while you still have something to do ... and always have something to do! (larfs)

Anonymous said...

Its better if I call at 2pm---if its 1pm on your time is it still alright?

Unknown said...

Definitely. I just wanted to make sure we're straight on the time. From SL you get hooked into time zones constantly. Let's see ... what time is it in Japan right now.