Sunday, January 22, 2017

The Science of the Silas - Possible Comedy

In the following list, the first is the number of hits today, the second is the title, and the third, if any, is Draft status.  The point of presenting it isn't about grading but rather relative perspectives and it's of some amusement to me.  This is the Anthropology part insofar as what flies and what dies.

From top to bottom is from shortest to longest time since the article was published with the last one sometime in the dark before morning.

17  What's Hot on the Blog 1/22

11  "Johnny Got his Gun ... Again"

27  Failing to Address the Problem of the CIA Only Means the Abuses Continue

00  "Viva" by Leah Nadeau #ContemporaryArt #ModernArt      Draft

32  About Mismanagement of State Budgets

12  Ziggy Marley - "Love is My Religion"

12  We Are the Children of the Rastaman - Ziggy Marley

12  Ziggy Marley - "Personal Revolution" | Wild and Free

14  Holding Off for Loud Due to the Exigencies of the Modern Framework

17  The Rockhouse Doesn't Hate Trump Enough to Hang Him


The last one amuses the hell out of me since I've come to regarding the political personality contest on Twitter as "Dancing with the Stars" in which no-one knows the steps.  I see from this one you couldn't care less about the steps and have better things to do.  In summary, he said he's 100% CIA so I hung him ... along with three others who did it too for the simple joy of seeing statist neck puppets.

People run from anything with music if it's anything beyond the prescribed vibe.

When it comes to the mechanics of state budgets, you're interested.  What I take from that is you don't care for hangings but you do want to see the facts.

"Viva" is an impressive and powerful piece of work and I await permission from the artist before posting.

The hits on the CIA article and its recency encourage me that you're either sympathetic to the position or interesting to discover what that position may be.

"Johnny Got his Gun" has been scaring people since the first day the movie was released and, more likely, from the first day the Dalton Trumbo's book was published.  It may come as a surprise but it was published the book in 1939.  Here we see it scares people still since it's what war looks like at VA and there was no VA after WWI.  The concept terrifies people and it did me as I read it when I was young.  This is the real war and there isn't the tiniest trace of drama.

People run from it still.  In that regard, I do encourage people to pursue this one as it may bring peace to your own heart in really getting it about what war means.  My anti-war position came in strong part from that book and it has only increased over time the more and more I see of the consequences. Parades have nothing to do with it.  If you want to honor people, don't put them into the VA hospital in the first place; don't put them into any hospital.

I realize many and possibly all of you do not support war anyway and the article may seem it flogs the matter but the poem is today and may be worth a look.  As with almost all of them, it's a ten-minute wonder but it seems that's how they have to be.


People may see what I write and dismiss it as Old School but Trumbo wrote the book in 1939 and this young sprat learned mightily from the Old School.

Ed:  you ain't Trumbo!

I'm also not (sob) a young sprat anymore.

Note:  it's ok as I would rather eat raging fireballs than have to be a teen again.

Ed:  you're fuckin' wasted!

Yah, it does seem so.  I wasn't when I started writing the article but I smoked a little bit as in one bowl, maybe three or four hits.  At first I thought, yeah, the launch was optimal and it's good but this ganja is like acid and it takes a while to build.  Fark!


This does raise the time of the experiment since the question, the science (!), is what does the ganja do the jams.  That will likely be pushing the corpus over the top and taking a dive isn't such a problem but killing the Galaxy Guitar can't happen.  I already logged my market trip earlier and that rousingly confirmed one of life's foremost rules.

Never go to Wal-Mart on a Sunday because it will be as crowded as when the hookers show up at a political convention.

No comments: