Monday, January 16, 2017

Day 11 of the Ten-Day-Monster

It's still not gone but mostly it just wants to piss me off now.  Yevette is about a day ahead of me and she isn't coughing much now.

So there's your forecast for it.  Kiss off eleven days and you should be done.

The coughing can get kind of brutal but the beauty part is the runny nose and this may give a perspective on how runny:


That bag is almost entirely filled with Kleenex (i.e. toilet paper).  No, of course I didn't save it but attending to housekeeping during that time might not have been a high priority.

I'm talkin' Niagara fookin' Falls.

I've been like a five-year-old and you know how those li'l vectors for infectious disease always have runny noses.  One thing I know is I would not have made it as a pedo since I get sick any time I'm near the little beggars.  How parents last long enough to raise them is a mystery to me.  Somehow they must develop solid steel immune systems.

Note:  toilet paper is the preferred facial tissssue at the Rockhouse because it's a whole lot cheaper than Kleenex.


The Lotho-inspired clean-up of the desk did not fall apart as it's not spotless but it stays STRAC (i.e. STRictly ACcording to regulations).   The floor didn't exactly keep up, well, after the wastebasket filled.  It's not as lazy as it seems as it's been at least a couple of years since the last cold and I had forgotten how debilitating they are.

There was one benefit to the clean-up since I found a li'l nug which was trying to escape.  That's ok as I caught him and I burned him.


I had thought any type of URI would box me and it terrified me when this was coming down.  Lung capacity is heavily-constrained due to my lifetime abuses so any further reduction to that will definitely be a scary thing.  Breathing, at least in the early stages, was a bitch but the Silas is still standing.

Ed:  you mean wobbling?

That too.  The wobbling is observably reduced after kicking the Buspirone (i.e. BUSPAR) so that stuff wasn't helping at all.  Anti-anxiety, my dyin' ass (larfs).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How did I inspire a clean up?

Unknown said...

With the disk drive you sponsored. That permitted getting backups when I had not been able to do that for quite some long time. Given that improvement in the situation, it demanded the rest of the desk must follow and it really did.

Anne often described something really messy as a midden so I'll go with that for how much piled it was with papers and all manner of things. There wasn't any actual rubbish on the desk but there was an untidy amount of questionable value. It's not an exaggeration at all that the clean-up followed that single move with the disk.

Thanks again!