Monday, January 16, 2017

"Spiritdancer" - A Song to Think of Standing Rock

TZU is the name of the artist and there's real Indian blood flowing in TZU's veins.  We have no idea what percentage but for me what difference should it make since the heritage is there.  You will hear it.



"Spiritdancer" was not written for Standing Rock since it was released in 2007 but you will likely hear the reason it recalls Standing Rock for me even when I am not an Indian.

TZU played yesterday at Cat's MusikCircus but I wasn't there and I haven't yet heard a performance but the next opportunity is in two weeks.  Here is much more about the artist at Home Cookin' Studios.

This may not be helpful but I'm cagey on the gender of the artist because I'm not sure.  Jim Cook is behind Home Cookin' Studio and I think the singer is a woman with Indian heritage.  That may be incorrect and I will update it if so.


Often we hear you can have the oil or gas or you can freeze in the Winter and there's no point in arguing that but it doesn't warrant sending the pipeline through sacred Indian ground just because you can.  If the oil company tried to run it through a Protestant cemetery, the new Americans would be rising from the dead to scream about it.

What they're doing to Standing Rock is not only disgraceful, it simply isn't fair.  I don't want to hear about equality from those who are not willing to give it.  Other than those, I'll call anyone my brother and, why not, we're all we have got.


This one is, in part, an observation of Martin Luther King Day and we also note there's a march for Martin Luther King here in Fort Worth today.  Although Texas is not part of the Voodoo South (i.e. Louisiana, Alabama, Mississippi), it still gets the title by location and it's not so chock full of vile racists as you may believe.  They're here, alright, but assuming everyone in Texas is like that isn't true.

Peace

No comments: