Thursday, August 31, 2017

Then the Rockhouse Abandoned Introspection for Naked Skydiving in Australia

Zen Yogi:  are we going naked skydiving, Silas?

Noooo, but we're going to watch someone who did, Glen Donnelly in Australia.

Zen Yogi:  I'm not sure I really need that in my life

Oh but you do, Yogi, since this guy is a riot.

Note:  just since you may think this is a hoax.  BBC:  The man who went skydiving in the nude with a violin.



Australian musician Glen Donnelly plays the violin while skydiving naked


Zen Yogi:  I really don't think I'm diggin' this, Silas

Roll with it, buddy, since this fellow is such a cracker.

First consider where two straps of the parachute harness attach to the body.

Zen Yogi:  by the family stones?

Yep, and what do you think happens when the canopy opens?

Zen Yogi:  they tighten like a steroidal boa constrictor?

That's right.  His voice will have a pitch at least as high as the violin by the time he lands.


Zen Yogi:  is this the funny part?

This is the deliciously strange part.

"When that parachute opened, I could just be free to play the violin… it was a feeling of total freedom."

- BBC

When parachute opens, you need to grab the risers to steer the damn thing.  He wasn't doing that so there's another answer.

Zen Yogi:  whatever could it be, Silas?

It's got to have been a tandem jump, Yogi.  He must have asked one of the skydivers what it would it cost to hold his sweaty, naked body while he took a leap.

Zen Yogi:  glory!


Zen Yogi:  you really went skydiving, Silas?

Sure I did but this was before sissy tandem jumps and I wasn't naked either.

Zen Yogi:  what happened?

After I jumped, I tried to swim back into the aircraft and that didn't work so well.  That got me tumbling and tangling so I wound up in a head-first dive when the parachute opened to spin me back around.

Zen Yogi:  well, I can easily see that's better than a tandem jump, isn't it?

Actually, it really was since that got the full taste of terror with the certain knowledge I am absolutely fucked.

Zen Yogi:  seeing how that is fun is no problem either, Silas

I told you this isn't the fun part but the deliciously strange part.

Zen Yogi:  did you play a violin up there?

I can't play one down here, pal.

No comments: