Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Zen Yogi and the Sebastiani Vineyard in the Napa Valley


Grapes from Napa Valley, California


Some say the Napa Valley produces the finest grapes on the planet and others may argue with them but we don't really care since we figure they must grow fairly good grapes in many places.

Zen Yogi:  I like grapes

I thought you didn't like drinking, Yogi.

Zen Yogi:  I don't but I like to throw them across the room to see if I can land them in a glass cup.

This probably won't work out like beer pong, buddy.

Zen Yogi: that's ok as I'm not trying to get into a fraternity anyway

It's kind of wasteful, Yogi.  Why not eat the grapes?

Zen Yogi:  wine grapes aren't for eatin'; wine grapes are for throwin'

I see.


I went to the Sebastiani Vineyards in the NAPA Valley so long ago it must have been even before I was married.

Zen Yogi:  how was it?

It was nice.

Zen Yogi:  that's it?

Well, it was as nice as going to a California vineyard on an early Spring day can be.

Zen Yogi:  that's all you remember?

Yep, it was nice.  Usually people don't remember holidays unless they're total disasters and then we remember every millisecond.

Zen Yogi:  humans are fucked-up, Silas

Tell me about it, mate.


Zen Yogi:  you suck for nostalgia, Silas

Yah, but it could be worse.

Zen Yogi:  how about it be worse?

I could be good at nostalgia.

(bubbles start falling from the ceiling, soft piano music starts, and Dean Martin starts singing in a low voice)

Zen Yogi:  enough, enough.  I get it.

You're welcome (takes a humble bow).

No comments: