Thursday, August 24, 2017

"Mephisto, Is This Your Power" #Poetry

Mephisto did his dance
in splendor and good grace
as he smiled and then he said to me,
"Come on, take a little taste"
He gave a quarter of a ticket
on a train bound straight for hell
and something slowly happens
but I can't surely tell

"Mephisto, is this your power?
Can't you bring me to my knees?"
I thought you were the Devil
and could do whatever you please
I'm not getting lost in confusion
I don't feel that monster sucking my mind
but this may just help a little bit
with something I've tried to find"

"I had no purpose to assist you,"
Mephisto shouted in his anger
but if his spell had really worked
I would now be lost in lazy languor
but there is relief it seems
and that will bring the light
back to something more important
keeping peace within my sight

- Colonel Arbuthnot Jones

No comments: