Saturday, August 26, 2017

"A Schizophrenic Talking to a Wall" | Short Story from 1975

"A Schizophrenic Talking to a Wall" was written around 1975 and Barbie read it then concluded our ol' Dad must see it.  On seeing it, his reaction was more, more.

Of course I didn't do it because then they would figure me out and they would send the ambulance to lock me up in a nuthouse.

Zen Yogi:  I just have one question so I ask am I the Schizophrenic or the Wall?

I thought of you and it amused me, mate, because this is the same thing.


Zen Yogi:  is this the TV definition of schizophrenia in which you switch personalities like applications on an iPhone?

Yep since that makes it more approachable.

Zen Yogi:  do you actually have schizophrenia, Silas?

No as the TV definition of it isn't anywhere near as bad as the real disease.

The sibs have thought I was crazy for as long as I have had sibs but that only shows they didn't get it, whatever this may be.

Zen Yogi:  you're still thinking autism?

Who else talks to a Wall, mate (larfs).


The situation with Barbie and the story was a few years after the Army and there was a huge crazy escalation after G.I. Joe days since things which might have seemed to make sense before that didn't make any sense at all after.

Zen Yogi:  so you don't relate to people but you can relate to a Wall?

Sure because, see, that makes sense, right?

Zen Yogi:  does the Wall talk back?

You are doing it now, my furry buddy.

Zen Yogi:  so I am the Wall then?

You are everything, Zen Master.  Everything is everything, Brer Bear.

Zen Yogi:  then I can be the Schizophrenic as well?

No problem.  There's also Queen Hot Lips Kingsford-Troutbottom, Yogi.

Zen Yogi:  I'll pass on Queen Hot Lips.  She's the one in Connecticut, right?

That's her, Yogi.

Zen Yogi: definite pass on that, Silas.  You know how it goes with political candidates:  can't kill 'em; can't eat 'em


Zen Yogi:  are you sure Mephisto isn't jingling yer jangles somewhat?

That wacky demonic prankster may be trying that, Yogi, but it's within acceptable limits.  I don't think he's jangling thought or at least not too much.

How about this, Yogi:  Hillary Clinton is obviously Republican since that hausfrau harridan never had an original thought in her life.

Zen Yogi:  that sounds like Silas

Do you think getting validation from a cartoon is crazy, Yogi?

Zen Yogi:  I'm a cartoon?

We're all cartoons, mate.

No comments: