Wednesday, August 30, 2017

"Hope Floats" | Sandra Bullock and Harry Connick Jr. | Ultimate Chick Flick

"Love Actually" is kind of a chick flick but "Hope Floats" is the real one and part of the loading is some sky high sentimental vibe from watching this with Mystery Lady when it was first released.  History revealed itself in not such incredible ways but the remarkable is hope floated right back to where it started.

Zen Yogi:  so it was there all along?



You tell me, Bear Buddy.

Zen Yogi:  so you do chick flicks too

Shamelessly, Yogi.  That video is one of the most shamelessly flashy I ever did too.

Zen Yogi:  I could have done without the Flying Spaghetti Monster

He just does a cameo and I love rebels anyway.


"Hope Floats" starts out with the shittiest shit shot ambush television ever imagined and Birdee (Sandra Bullock) is eviscerated on national TV.

Zen Yogi:  why should anyone watch something so horrible?

It's for that which comes after, Yogi.


Zen Yogi:  does a man rescue her from this hell?

That's not how it works, Yogi, since it's more about discovering who she is rather than anyone else. The anyone else is later when Harry Connick Jr. shows up.

Zen Yogi:  they rescue each other?

That is how it works, Yogi.  It goes both ways or it's not a rescue.

Zen Yogi:  so you watch it because chicks watch it?  That's weak, Silas.

I watch it because I like it and hope floats out of the movie, all over everywhere.

Zen Yogi:  that's nuts, Silas

Perhaps but I believe movies as I'm happy to suspend disbelief ... and chuck it into cold storage, for that matter.  It's the same reason I won't watch horror movies.

Zen Yogi:  like "Terms of Endearment?"

Exactly since I believe she really is dying of cancer and that's an easy winner for Things I Never Want to See in My Life.

Zen Yogi:  you see lots of cancer

Sure and that's how I know it's nothing like in the movies.  Things like those which happened with Birdee when she got back to Texas could happen to anyone.  She came to be the person she always thought she was and she became all the more beautiful for doing it.

No comments: