Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Death with Dignity, Zen Yogi, and Roll Over Beethoven

Simon LeGreedyGreed:  what dignity do you bring to death when you hang out with a cartoon bear?

Take it easy before you blow a turnip, Simon, as Zen Yogi is a highly dignified cartoon bear.

Zen Yogi:  thank you, Silas.  Did you tell him about how Linda and I like to go skinny dipping in Ranger Rick's swimming pool?

No but I'm sure you too did it in a dignified way.


Zen Yogi:  am I really a cartoon, Silas?

You are far more than a cartoon when people remember and love you for seventy years or so.

Zen Yogi:  will I die, Silas?

Noooo, Yogi.  That won't ever happen.

Zen Yogi:  why not?

We won't let you, Brer Bear.

Zen Yogi:  again why not, Silas?

Because we need your love more than we need artificially-imposed constraints on reality.

Zen Yogi:  I'm sure nobody wants those ... whatever they are



I noticed today that one of my prescriptions is for a Vitamin D supplement.

Zen Yogi:  so what?

That's the joke, see?

Zen Yogi:  oh, of course.  How droll, Silas.



I also checked out morphine and confirmed 15 mg is a light dose as it is medically valid to take up to 30 mg every three to four hours for a maximum of 1600 mg per day.

Zen Yogi:  sorry, Silas, since this isn't exciting me like KFC Chicken

It would be extremely strange if it did, Yogi.  Maybe somewhat more interesting is I discovered splitting the tabs is a bad since they work on a timed release and splitting them defeats that.  Breaking the release timing by crushing pills is how Oxycontin addicts get the big bang and the big addiction.

Zen Yogi:  death with dignity is holding off for as long as possible on becoming an opiated catatonic?

That's a large part of it, Yogi.  To sustain any relationship with you requires it.


Zen Yogi:  are you a martyr to something, Silas?

Noooo, it's how I choose to live this part of my life.  For many, writing is a punishment but it's a complicated pleasure with me.

Zen Yogi:  and seeing Ithaka pop a million reads wouldn't be too bad either?

That's it, Yogi.  Sometimes things which mean the least turn out to mean the most.

Zen Yogi:  maybe that's a little too Zen, Brer Silas

It's taken three or four years of my life and now apparently the last of it to do that, Yogi.  It's accelerating since almost a thousand read it today.  They like you, my furry bear buddy.

Zen Yogi:  awww, gosh


Zen Yogi:  what does "Roll Over Beethoven" have to do with any of this?

I got a rocking pneumonia
I need a shot of rhythm and blues
I think I caught it off the writer
Sittin' down by the rhythm reviews
Roll over Beethoven
We're rockin' in two by two

- Chuck Berry


Zen Yogi:  you just need a shot of rhythm and blues?

Everybody needs that shot, Yogi.

No comments: