Sunday, January 15, 2017

Ringling Brothers Greatest Show on Earth is Closing the Circus

The ugly aspect is we have hordes of smug statist sophists pouring out of their burrows to blame this on Trump and those hordes include George Takei, Mrs Betty Bowers (America's Best Christian), and others.  Tip:  don't screw with them or they will start whining about Al Gore.  He really did get screwed but we still don't care.  They need to shut the fuck up.

We're fed-up to the gills with CIA bootlickers and the Republicans always did it but now the new Democrats think it's fashionable as well.

Ed:  so you conclude new Democrats do not think too much?

We submit the evidence is clear on that.  They don't think to any depth or in any detail so they don't amount to more than amateurs and imitative amateurs at that.


We have no interest in hammering that since we're not America's Best Christian so wtf could we possibly know anyway.


Mystery Lady knows a whole different story about Ringling Brothers since I have a friend who was high up at Ringling and she really, really loves elephants.  The details about her were always classified but her love of elephants was special so of course I thought she was cool.  Whenever there were charges from PETA, she told me what really happened and it hardly ever jibed with whatever PETA had said.

Ed:  maybe she was lying?

I listen to both sides and decide for myself.  I'm no-one's secretary and no-one dictates any damn thing to me.


Ringling Brothers were to bring the Greatest Show on Earth to Cincinnati so my friend said she would get tickets for ML and I to go.  Just go to Will Call at the Box Office and they will be there.

Indeed they were and these weren't just tickets to the circus, they were front row center where the circus people were sat.

There are some moments in life which are so special they defy words but they will go on forever shining like a crazy diamond.


It's a shame the circus folds as the more distant we get from animals, the easier it gets for corporate America to destroy them.


Shining like a crazy diamond, Mystery Lady, even after all these years.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Many things killed RBBB but it wasnt Peta.
Gunter Gebel Williams retired and there was no one to replace David Larible almost made it
And then losing the Elephants which were always the true stars of any circus. They tried to modernize but Cirque eliminated that as what they do is another level.
I have been taken or taken kids or grandkids to RBBB for almost 60 years sometimes like this year going more than once.
It deeply saddens me that this was my last year sharing such a cool event with smiling younger eyes

Unknown said...

I didn't know how much PETA really had to do with it but they sure made things a drag for my friend. I'm sure she was telling me true about how Ringling took care of its elephants and she sent me pictures when she was with them so she definitely knew how it was going with them.

It must be an extraordinary pleasure and more to take children to the circus. There's no way I can know it for myself but I feel it from that which you write. Ringling will be deeply missed.

Anonymous said...

RBBB won its lawsuit against the statements from PETA and others that they mistreated animals It was a decent financial settlement and stopped the protesting but they just moved to commenting on the other animals

Unknown said...

Not many seem to like PETA much but most of us loved Ringling Bros and thanks for that update on the elephants. I couldn't believe my friend was lying to me and it doesn't appear she was.