Monday, December 21, 2015

"The Heart of the Matter" - Don Henley (video)

The more I know, the less I understand.



I think it's about
forgiveness
Even if
Even if
you don't love me anymore


Because it's Christmas


I did something terrible a long, long time ago around this time of year and it will haunt me, deservedly, until I die.  When I can be forgiven for that, I am worth absolutely nothing if I cannot do the same thing and extend that forgiveness to anyone else because it means only I did not learn one damn thing.

I don't think I can forgive the people who stole my musical kit in Dallas but they are irrelevant.  That was about property and this story is about love.

There is deep, long time personal history in this song but the detail of it is only important to me and the song talks to us all.

Because it's Christmas!

No comments: