Sunday, December 20, 2015

When You Need Strength, Make Some

The Galaxy Guitar doesn't ask for anything but she sits there looking so beautiful and what beast would walk past her without even saying hello.

Regulars have seen my corpus is not cooperating with life all that well just now and I was concerned if I played about risk to her from dizziness, weakness and taking a dive.  I did check it out and resolved if things look wobbly then give up immediately and get her back into the stand.

What do you know, me corpus rose to it and that at least got the Galaxy Guitar tuned.  You never want to let a guitar get too far out of tune and definitely not for a long time.  She wasn't even that far off tune and she's really good that way.  She would like some new strings but that's a bit ambitious just yet.

The Galaxy Guitar is a Godin xtSA and it can do anything you are capable of playing which includes full MIDI Access.  There were multiple guitars in my life but she is by far the most perfect I have ever found and I haven't played anything but a Godin xtSA for at least five years or so.


The magnum opus needs the strings because "The Sanctuary Song" absolutely must be played with new-ish strings.  They're too unstable for stretching right at first but immediately after that the strings are as bright and beautiful as they will ever be.  It's kind of like the old 33 rpm LP records and you would get one brilliantly perfect play and it's all downhill after that.


There was some playing that felt highly excellent.  I'll pay for it but that's ok.  She knows I love her.  I can't say I was playing with her over my head but, since the shoulder got smashed in the crash, I can't get my arm over my head anyway (larfs).

Dr Suresh Nayak is the doctor in Cincinnati who replaced my shoulder and who gave me back the ability to play.  I have no idea what he celebrates at this time of year but I hope it's wonderful for he and his family.  He has such a talent he doesn't need to put on any airs.  He's a lovely human being and talks with you straight-up.  Absolutely brilliant man.


Yah, that feels just swell.

No comments: