Sunday, December 27, 2015

The Cat Boucher Review of "The Sanctuary Song"

Cat listened to the recording from just before Christmas of "The Sanctuary Song" and the reaction was not lengthy but was highly succinct.  Wow and stunning say it all and that's a huge thing because nothing has changed.  If Cat doesn't like it then it doesn't make much difference to me if anyone else does.

The thinking regarding her reaction is not about love blindness but rather she is deeply dedicated to music and it's as much of a religion to her as it is to me.  She knows what a 'wow' is to me so nothing else needs to be said because she also knows it's not my interest to be stroked.


There were multiple structural mistakes in the song and that wasn't to set her up with, gee, there are mistakes but this is my humble best.  The mistakes are simple based on starting on the wrong phrase and the recovery was jumbled.  That didn't mean anything was off-key but rather the sequence wasn't right and that's easily fixed.  In fact, it already has been fixed but I did not record the most-recent shot at it.

The mistakes are kind of comical as there was quite a bit in preparing to make the recording but there was one stupid mistake in the launch sequence which got me started off on my left foot instead of my right.  I tried to recover it but I should have bailed right away and started over again.


The song won't be uploaded to the podcast because the thinking remains it will make an anticlimax out of uploading the video to YouTube.  Much better to do it the other way around.  Cat knows how it all goes and she has a different interest in seeing the video anyway.

"The Sanctuary Song" is the evolution of something which started as the "Symphony for Cat" and that one is on the "Pigment of My Fascination" CD.  It may even be on the Ride the Dragon podcast as well but I'm not sure how far back that goes.  "The Sanctuary Song" is the one which needs to replace I'm not sure which on the unreleased "Ride the Dragon" CD.

Thank you to Cat and the campaign continues to get this recorded.  Friends back at work would laugh when I released a document which in any way indicated it was Final because, inevitably, some wise guy would come up with a need for a change and then it would become Final version 1.1.  That's not how it goes with this song.  It has to rip right out of the gate and false starts are worthless.

No comments: