Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Well ... Cancer ... Ain't This a Bitch

Well, yah, the biopsy results came back.  It's skin cancer and it's malignant but get the most important aspect first:  Doctor Sam said it is 100% curable.

Of course Yevette knew the situation the moment the call ended because she's the one who set it up.  I have no chance of working her cellphone.  No need for details on the phone, tho.

As soon as I told Yevette, I came back to let Cat know and she had insisted when we were talking via Skype, you call that doctor right now.  Of course she was right and this was what I sent back to her:

Most important first:  he said he believes it is 100% curable.

The biopsy was positive and it is malignant.  He said it is earliest stage of skin cancer and the razor biopsies he did most likely removed all malignant cells.  He said he cannot know that for certain and we will review the next step, if any, when I see him on January 4.

He said specifically there is no reason to worry.


There's no need to post the rest of the chat but you can reasonably assume there were lots of X O X O X O X, love and Merry Christmas.


On a decision for additional surgery, that will result in some stitches but I don't see that affecting the Galaxy Guitar too much.  If I stretch some stitches and make a scar worse, like I should really care when there are multiple beauteous scars already (larfs).

(Ed:  multiple scars?)

Motorcycles, Easy Rider, motorcycles.


So, to anyone who thought I was (cough) crying wolf, I rest my case (larfs).


One more to my family:  Queen Bee confirmed she is on it and gets regular checks for skin cancer.  She has generally incredibly good health and I was concerned she might be a bit lackadaisical about it but she's on it.  No need for others to confirm anything as the only purpose is awareness.  We all grew up in that Australian sun so it applies the same to the family.  I'm the eldest so presumably risk declines in age order but I don't know that and I would not assume it.

I can't give anyone much for Christmas but I can give you this.

(Ed:  for skin cancer?  Well, thanks a hell of a lot for that!)

Ach, nein, Beelzebub, this is how to prevent it because I'm damned if I'm going to be croaked by it.


(Ed:  aren't you afraid?)

Of fookin' what, matey?  The only way to hurt me is first through hurting Cat or Yevette and, right after that, the Galaxy Guitar.  Everybody has to die and most of us only want to be sure it won't hurt that much.  The Silas don't abide no fear.  You've got two choices for any circumstance:  deal or cut and run and, wtf, I ain't that fast.

I thanked Doctor Sam for the news and wished him a Merry Christmas, I meant it too.


As to what this changes:  nothin' whatsoever.  The objective remains to record a dry run of "The Sanctuary Song" and maybe this will give it a wee bit more poignance.  Hopefully that comes today unless Bad Santa starts tangling with that li'l vixen again.

No comments: