Saturday, December 19, 2015

About the Biopsy and Also the Song

After telling you about it previously, it sucks to leave it hanging.  There should have been news at the start of the week but that did not come.  That fact does not constitute bad news by itself because bad medical news always comes back fast.  What I take from that is it's probably not melanoma.

The situation remains scary because each biopsy took about a centimeter of me corpus.  The post-op consequence was itching to the point at which I couldn't stand it anymore after about three days.  That's when I stopped using a Band-Aid and I suspect it was irritating my skin because there's now a red patch of lizard skin extending about five or six centimeters (i.e. about two inches).

Note:  I like metric better because it's so much easier.  Everything is decimal so you never have to convert anything.  You may not know there are 1760 yards in a mile but it's easy with metric because a kilo is a thousand of anything so you know a kilometer is 1000 meters.

The itching dropped off and the redness is slowly fading but it's still lizard skin.  Unknown what to make of it.


Doctor Sam froze about half a dozen other problem locations and that was part of a throwaway song I put out here the other day about "Ain't It a Bitch Gettin' Old."  My nose was completely a beak because of lizard skin due to all the sun but he froze that stuff and it feels kind of like a nose again.

The most annoying one was where one support for my reading glasses sat next to my nose.  Since that one is probably not even five centimeters from my eye, Doctor Sam used a tongue depressor to help cover my eye so he did not freeze that too.  That was a most unusual day.

It sounds like such a trivial thing but it was infuriating because it would bug the hell out of me for as long as I wore the glasses.  That's been going on for years and it looks like he fixed it.  Wearing glasses is still a pain in the ass ... but ... not as much of a pain in the ass.


So this would be a peach of a time to crash again as things really do seem to be improving now.  I don't know who I pissed off to bring three days of that down on me but, man, I'm fookin' sorry!  (larfs)  If you recall the last time you got sick from being drunk, hopefully a long time ago, then extend that to three days.  Yowzah, what a fookin' treat!

Meanwhile, the interlude is how to get from the F minor on which "The Sanctuary Song" ends up to the A minor to start "Hey Baby" without just flat-out stealing Hendrix.  The way he came into it was to play a chord followed by a seven-note sequence to get to the next chord and then play the sequence again using that chord as the root.  It sounds so damn cool to do that and unknown if that copies him but I know it doesn't copy what he played to introduce "Hey Baby" in the "Rainbow Bridge" because they're not the same chords.

It's not technically plagiarism to do that ... but it's still plagiarism in intent.  That won't stop me from doing it because I will deliver it as respectfully as I can and there's no question of trying to be Hendrix or actually covering the song except in spirit.  Other than 'hey baby,' I don't even know the lyrics he sang for it.

This may seem verbal horseplay but the song is deeply spiritual for me and the ethics of it are correspondingly important.  Germans like to hoot at Americans for being superficial and grandiose but that's Trump ... Hendrix was American too.  I am not defensive of America since it sure hasn't been too defensive for me but it's not fair to say everything coming out of here is crap.


Geez, I've built this song up so much in my head it will be a failure unless it's the prelude to the Second Coming of Christ.  Somehow, spiritual as it may be, I don't think it can deliver that.

No comments: