Sunday, December 27, 2015

The Status of the Sibs Under this Full Blue Moon

Maybe you're not supposed to call it a Blue Moon but it's been thirty-eight years since the last Full Moon at Christmas so that's got to be some shade of blue.



It was unusual seeing some pics of my sibs with their families since some are grandfathers now in the role of my ol' Dad way back in circus Christmases of the past.  He was independent because there was no immediate family anywhere in the country except for an aunt on the East coast.    There were the eight of us and the dog and that was it for the Fraser Universe.

Now there are different grandfatherly kingdoms and lots of grandbabies with my sibs but there's much more family linkage ... even when it's not always apparent.

There's not a feeling of envy or regret, it's only different from what I do.  I'm the stoner monk and no-one is looking for counsel but it's incredible how many read the swill I write on the blog.  Almost no idea who they are.  That's not a virtual surrogate family.  I just write and it's gratifying people like to read it.


Email came today and this couple wants to get married live on the show:



While I can legally marry people, I'm really not exactly sure these are, in fact, people.

My sibs might find this unusual but, here at the Rockhouse, we are accustomed to this and strongly suspect they are using hypertronic transmodulators which we have seen before and those conform their frequencies to a range visible to us.  Really they look like space gnomes.

(Ed:  what's a space gnome?)

Space aliens put them on their lawns as ornaments.


It's unusual how different lives become as I don't often listen to music unless I'm playing it and the rest of the time is in silence, as I prefer it.  If the sibs think of it at all, they probably think I'm crazy but that's ok, I am. I  like this kind of crazy, tho.  The riotous noise of children is, for me, a nightmare.  That the various clans have so much fun with it is a joyous thing to behold, tho.

I really don't think I could have handled it if my life had turned to a big family.  If I had not tried playing guitar, I would always have wondered and I doubt I would have been really satisfied with anything.  Once I started playing, the current was inevitable in terms of my preference for sound. It's a state of reverence and there can only be sound when everything is right for it.

(Ed:  you played so damn loud yer ears will still be vibrating long after you're croaked)

That's going to be a wee bit disconcerting for people who happen by my dead ass and there's a humming sound coming from somewhere.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It would be Beethoven decomposing

Unknown said...

Well, hey, thanks for that imagery! (larfs)