Tuesday, December 29, 2015

That Swingin' Galactic Peace Tour

For this status, the technical summation is I ain't done a bloody thing all day.

Burnin' like that the last two nights was grand but it went way late each time so today is a day of considering the next move in recording (i.e. smoke the ganja and blow mental smoke rings).


Whoops ... one accomplishment:  the "Pigment of My Fascination" CD plug is bumped up to the top of the sidebar.  The object is to promote it so ... ok ... promote it.

"Pigment of My Fascination" is rock from someone not at all interested in teen angst, burning churches, or stabbing someone who did me wrong.    There's much more interest in melody than in speed although some hopefully is quick enough for you.  Everything on it is a love song, some overtly but most not so much.

All of the songs are solo with me playing multiple instruments with a looper so I can play them all at once to get the sound as big as I want it.  So, it's something different because I rarely do cover songs and I think you will like it if you give it a try.


There won't be endless hustling to buy the CD but there's a bit of mania just now to ensure I'm pushing this in every reasonable way possible.  Endlessly hustling it isn't reasonable so doing this gets it done for the blog.  It's got to be hustled appropriately because I fookin' need the money but also for the validation of it.


For anyone on a fly-by, I'm not some middle class guy doing this as a hobby.  I'm almost dead broke and I've been playing ever since 1972 although much of that time wasn't professional music.  I've been performing in Second Life, off and on, for almost ten years and there were some demented stage shows in real life as well.


For now, I believe I'll kick back to check out Take 2 of "The Sanctuary Song" and then make an ardent effort to get to the sofa before three in the morning.

The Sanctuary vibe has grown to cosmic proportion because this really is the sanctuary.  There's no-one else here and it's dead quiet.  The lyrics are getting scoped endlessly but they aren't falling apart

This one is the two bar hook:

Just leave it behind,
you won't need it here

repeat it:

Come feel the love
You have nothing to fear

Then the chorus and do it again.

It surprises me I actually like the singing.  People have critiqued my singing as 'brave' but that was a long time ago and this has much more confidence.  That's likely from going so much on the words to be satisfied there isn't a way to say that thing better.


It would be the perfect time to fog the living hell out of the place again but it can wait just now.

Yah, Silas is gassed.  Next shot at recording is tomorrow night.

No comments: