Thursday, December 31, 2015

Getting New Years Reflective is Only an Excuse to Talk About Yerself

It's not likely you give any more of a shit about what I did this year than I give a shit about what you did this year.  We're interested in each other's lives but we don't want to be looking at fookin' snapshots of the kids all the time.  We can be highly interested in what we will do today, tho.

Hardened reprobate as I may be, I do get a kick out of a pic once in a while of one kid and the charm of seeing, dayum, she sure has grown.


As to the Rockhouse, there will be a New Years shot at recording "The Sanctuary Song" and that's as much as I could possibly want if there's a general requirement to wear clothes while I am doing it.

(Ed:  so, how about you have to choose between recording the song and being idolized by seventy-two gorgeous, voluptuous and nubile slave girls?)

Fuck you, Ed.

(Ed:  well, no.  That's not precisely what I was suggesting.)


So, we're hoping you have a peach of a New Years celebration with or without seventy-two nubile slave girls.  We hear the only way to get them is to be like Donald Trump but that would be like sex with a beached whale.

Wishing you a Happy New Year is kind of like saying 'take care' when we end a conversation because what do I seriously expect anyone to do differently just because I said that.  It's really kind of insulting, almost.  I started doing it because Lotho would say that and I thought, hmm, that sounds kind of sweet but not too sweet, just right.

So, I have no idea if it does anything but have a Happy New Year and, um, take care out there!


Yevette did make it back and I had been starting to get a bit antsy in thinking, hmm, we haven't seen her ... is it time to call her up.

So that's all good and she's fine.  She has an adventure but that's her story to tell.


The tactical aspects of filming tonight are in finding better camera angles and ensuring manual focus on both of the static cameras.  The music for Take 2 was so soooo close to what I want but the video definitely was not.  There are some musical reasons I would not release it but not many and it really bites at me ... that one could have been it.

That definitely means take the next one as the production shoot.  I have with all of them but haven't been quite clear on how close I am to getting it.


The obsession continues in the background as I have listened to "The Sanctuary Song" again just now all the way through and to the vocal part three times.  I'm satisfied there's no good reason to change the lyrics ... but ... maybe revisit the last verse before the exit to emphasize the vibe and bring that hook back one more time.

There's no way to get out of the last phrase except with a big bang chord, grand crescendo with lots of twang and artsy fartsy feedback.  That's a question because that feedback may sound like calling up the demons because I twang it to play it and bring it up and down.

(Ed:  is it necessary to justify Every Damn Thing?)

Well, um, yes.

Maybe it's logical the song has stopped so now there are demons flying about again all ready and willing to suck your soul into the vacuum.  Kinda thin, I'm thinkin', tho.

(Ed:  is this the angst of the artist?)

Hell no!  This is the finest kind of life.  I am so much diggin' it to be able to screw with this song so much.  "It's For You" with the Mystery Lady is another one which went like this and was worked over many times.  And, um, yep ... that one is on "Pigment of My Fascination" ... buy it!


Fark ... just had the miserable thought.  Uploading "The Sanctuary Song" to the "Ride the Dragon" podcast isn't such a good plan when it will definitely be on the pending CD.

The regulars know I always give the stuff away but I am also always broke.  We observe there just may be a connection between these facts.

I hate the marketing crap.  I mean I really fucking hate it.  Come love me up and give me money.  Kee-rist, that stinks like fish too long on the beach in the hot noonday sun.

So ... screw that.  No need to make a decision on that right now  Just need to play dat song real good.

Note:  there's no question about uploading it to YouTube.  Someone can rip off the audio that way but you've got to be a mean-spirited prick to do stuff like that.  Well, maybe not so much a prick to do it but definitely to redistribute it.


Yah, my new year will be happy as my definition is the absence of suckness.  Getting old and constantly scrounging for money have huge suckness but the other side of that is total freedom to make music so long as I can get my wimpy ass up to do it.  There is no constraint and Yevette has even said she doesn't mind if I play while she is asleep.  She says it really doesn't bother her and she has insisted ... but I still don't do it.

So, yah, total freedom.  Do you really think some New York City highroller can do this in his luxy hotel pad.  Without soundproofing to muffle a nuclear explosion, the other rich kids are going to be stomping your face for so spilling my chill, man.  You were playing so loud my mirror was vibrating and it was hard to look at myself.

Fuck that!


We really do hope you have a peach of a New Year and Yevette's asleep but she sends that vibe as well.  She's an extremely generous woman and the beauty part is she doesn't even perceive herself that way.  She really does want you to have a Happy New Year and so do I.

Cat is not here but she sends the same vibe.  All she asks is to put down the guns and go home.  It's all any of us anywhere asks for this New Year.

No comments: