Saturday, December 26, 2015

"Pigment of My Fascination" - What's Become of the CD

"Pigment of My Fascination" was released in April, 2015 and is my most-recent CD release.  There are others but they're not currently available.

In that time, there's no evidence anyone has bought the CD as in zero sales for the entire period.  There is no expectation it will sell a million but not selling anything is not consistent with any CD I have released previously.

This isn't about wailing and gnashing my teeth as I said I would check it today and that has happened but there's no clear lead to the problem.  iTunes Connect doesn't show me what it does on the Apple side and the CD Baby accounting page doesn't show anything on that side either.  An email was sent to CD Baby to discover if they have any idea of a move to make.


Here's the CD on iTunes:  "Pigment of My Fascination" (direct link to iTunes Store)




All this wraps around whether to release another one.  It's not sixty bucks to release one but rather seventy-nine as that was the cost for the last one.  The "Ride the Dragon" CD could go right now but I decided to change one of the songs on it.  There's no money to do it but there's not an inclination to do it when something seems amiss.

There won't be much inclination to buy it when something may not be working but you will get the music, the question is whether I will get paid.  There's no reason to believe there is a problem with the delivery or Taylor Swift would be screaming bloody murder iTunes is not working.


Therefore, the request:  if you could buy a single song from it then you only get charged a dollar for the experiment and, if I might recommend, "Waiting for a Peace Train in Cincinnati" is a good, bluesy bit and one of my better songs.  Link to iTunes:  "Pigment of My Fascination"

(Ed:  this is all just a hustle to selling yer crumby music)

Maybe the music is crumby but it's not a hustle.  It's not that I have no money to release a CD, I have no money period.  Shameless spendthrift that I am, I wasted the reefer budget (sob) on food.  Yevette doesn't know that because she doesn't smoke the heathen ganja.

So, yah, if someone could buy that song for a dollar and leave a comment then that would highly kill using this as a scam.  It may take a week or more for that to get reported back to CD Baby.  I thought at one time it was on a three-month cycle but that's not clear.


Actually, the last thirty bucks didn't go for food but rather a Bernie Sanders t-shirt to support the cause so I'd say we're believers down here.

But he didn't (sob) buy my CD either (larfs).

No comments: