Monday, December 21, 2015

Full Run Through "The Sanctuary Song" Tonight

Playing "The Sanctuary Song" completely wasn't imagined because there wasn't even a small thought I could do it.  Part of the event was all-out defiance against dizziness,  sickness, etc and it was really satisfying to see how far some bad attitude could go.

"The Sanctuary Song" went through its three parts with no vocals but lots of blazing lead and that ends on F minor so the next bit was to be ever so clever in bringing that up to A minor to start "Hey Baby" which is the invitation to the Sanctuary which has just been described.  It closes back on the A minor so the next move is to bring it up in another ever so clever manner to E minor to start "Shakin' It in a Tree" and what else would you do in Sanctuary, right?

"Shakin' It in a Tree" is two-chord speedfest and that comes down to a E minor at the bottom replete with as many dive bombs as you like.


That all felt so damn good.  Music gives back so much more than you give it and nothing is held back at all.  I came out of that with muscles sore but feeling stronger and even less dizzy.


Part of the thinking on this is more than the video as I'm also considering how it would work for live performance because there is no video for that.  The video is needed for the song because it sets the stage for the song to come into it what with cars and people evaporating off the street, etc.  I'm thinking it's ok for talking that part because it's clearly not yap or noise fill between songs but rather part of the performance.

Cat's Art MusikCircus is where I want to play it and that's the only venue in Second Life where I want to perform because it's the nexus for avant garde music in the virtual world.  Maybe you think what I do is not so progressive and of course it isn't next to the masters but it's king hell crazy in virtual (larfs).  Cat's Art MusikCircus thrives on king hell crazy.

(Ed:  king hell crazy?)

Hunter Thompson, the only one I know who ever murdered a Christmas tree.  wtf, sometimes it's necessary.  Cats do it all the time and they don't get asked for a psychological profile.


So ...

You're downtown in Fort Worth and it's dark ... there doesn't seem to be anyone anywhere ... but then a car approaches down on of the streets ... as it passes you, there's an unusual sound ... and it disappears ... you keep moving trying to find what is happening ... then there's a little old lady walking slowly, probably to a late-night job ... then there's that sound again and she disappears ... you keep exploring and then you see Gabriel on the side of a building, blowing his horn (play the notes on the synth) ... you decide to get the hell out of there and you drive out of town ... weird green bubbles start appearing in the air and you wonder now if it is going to happen to you next ... then you hear that riff from Gabriel again.  This time I play out the intro which gets to the start of the first phrase and then it's rolling with the music.  That still didn't get it quite back into the Sanctuary but it's almost there.

That's a lot of patter but it doesn't have to be memorized verbatim, it only has to tell that part of the story and set the stage.  I'll have to practice that to determine time because I won't want someone in the audience thinking, 'fark, is he writing a damn short story or what?'


This was all feeling very damn good so that had to mean it was time to try solid food and that had to be Red Thai Curry (frozen, if you can believe that).  The food was surprisingly non-sucky and eating went swimmingly so apparently the recovery is full-on.  It's not over but it's damn sure rolling.

The regulars have seen this two or three times previously.  I'm not sick, if this makes any sense, but my body isn't working right and I'm not really sure what works and what doesn't.  I can think straight but at the same time everything is surreal as if I'm trippin' but not hallucinating ... but it's not really clear what's hallucination anyway.  If you think this is stoner rambling, fuhgedaboudit, I haven't smoked much because I've been kind of afraid of it.  If I'm this goofy now then I probably don't need to add anything to that.

So, I'm feelin' kind of swell like I actually accomplished something.

No comments: