Wednesday, December 30, 2015

And Then It Got "Slap Happy"

Playing the main phrase of "The Sanctuary Song" is one complete gas for me and fluidity comes to the lead that went until my arms were just about out of fuel.  Playing for that long in the song is too much and how long to keep going with the lead is the biggest variable now.


Then "Slap Happy" started and it wasn't recorded but it's only a rhythm pattern with E minor and D but it's fast and there was some rippin' quick guitar work in there.  That could come back any time.

Practicing for forty-five years is starting to pay off, I think (larfs).

That really is what I think as I know I'm not rationalizing in saying I've lost no skills.  The play still improves and it's not that I dazzle myself but rather it's like gratitude in finally being able to make the sounds I always wanted to make and to do them the way I would do them if I could play the best I'm capable.

(Ed:  what if skills start to drop?)

I damn sure better have recorded something by then I would like to hear again.  I really don't think that's going to be a concern, tho.  There's no arthritis in my hands so the most likely variable is strength ... which comes from more playing.  The "Slap Happy" bit is good for that because it's fast and you will definitely work.  There's nothing left in my arms now but that's just fine.

As to practice, practice, practice, the vocal has been calling out to run through it without the guitar.  Maybe that happens yet tonight.


Who knows, maybe something pithy pops up in the news tomorrow that's worth some pithy commentary but it's been highly sparse.

No comments: