Monday, September 28, 2015

What's Hot on the Blog - All-Time Leaders

EntryPageviews
7196
6686
Feb 25, 2013, 3 comments
3202
2738
Jan 25, 2013, 1 comment
2045
Oct 4, 2013
1733
1459
1367
684
Oct 19, 2013
478


Maybe I engender a bit of fascination and thanks for that but the fascination for me is in watching what you watch.  It doesn't tell me anything about myself but it's fascinating in what it reveals about who reads it.

(Ed:  then you sell the information, right?)

Hell, no.  You're going to piss me off asking stuff like that.  I'll never sell out friends and that's specifically why there are no real names on the blog.


Great White Sharks - hardly anyone ever gets eaten by a shark in the Med but you see for yourself how worried people get about in not one article but two.  I do confess to stoking that a little bit as I knew the fear was unfounded (i.e. only about ten people have been killed by sharks in the last century in the Med) so that made it fair to screw with it a bit (i.e a lot).

Evolution - Eohippus (i.e. horse) demonstrates the most spectacularly complete fossil record of perhaps any other creature.  The discussion is serious but it's not trying to make a case for religion or its absence as the article is about a horse.

(Ed:  as it should be)

Thank you, Mister Ed.


Griechisch - really is in German, albeit the pitiful little I know, and this is about Greek highway monuments to people lost (I guess) to car accidents.  Even if you don't know any German or my even more pitiful Greek, the article has a poignance to it and there are pictures to show you.  (They're real as I was living there at the time)

Kreuzfahrt - Cruising Katakolo in the rain.  Expecting me to be any more sensible in Greece than here is not realistic.

Note:  updated with English translation for Kreuzfahrt


Statues for Putin?  My first speculation as Putin emerged as one of the true ranking leaders of the world.  He has shown remarkable moderation in the face of bare-faced provocation.

On the Nature - the poem is not mine but was written by Sister Julie.  I'll update the article with the credit shortly.

Oh, You Spent - getting a designer guitar is the same as getting designer blue jeans as in you will pay ten times as much and the jeans will have holes in them before you ever wear them.  Designer guitars (i.e. Clapton model Strat, etc, etc) cost at least two or three or four times as much as the base model.  This article is why that expense is a complete waste of money.

Note:  when Clapton goes to look for a guitars, he goes to pawn shops, etc and he looks for the guitar which looks like it has been played the hardest.  That guitar has received a whole lot of love in its life and he wants to know why.  It's the special ones which get loved like that ... and they cost peanuts compared to new.  Seeing the darker marks on the neck of a blonde fingerboard guitar isn't bad but rather it's wonderful because it shows it has been played one hell of a lot.  That's pure guitar love.  Definitely check out that axe.

The Elven Children - a poem of mine and you liked this one.  Thanks.

The Death Parties - this is not even close to morbid.  If there's any question of where I learned outrageous, it was from my ol' Dad.


What's remarkable to me now is the blog was pulling somewhere over 20K hits per month back when I was rolling and crashing around Europe.  Now that I roll a large measure of tasteless into it, maybe you would think reading would go down but, in fact, last month was the highest ever and it's over 30K per month reading this hogwash.

(Ed:  what does that tell you?)

No fucking idea.  It's interesting to watch, tho.  Hopefully you see it's not about watching me but about watching you and hopefully you also see it's a benign observance.

No comments: