Sunday, September 27, 2015

He's Busted ... So Let's Get High

There was a time when a cop actually needed a reason to pull you over.  That was a much better situation than the present but it required you do not give them a reason.  Expecting that much responsibility from me is, well, irresponsible and, what do you know, there are the lights and siren again.

Riding in the Duckmobile at this time were Lotho, Laughing Gecko, and I, the one driving ... or had been driving until the cop pulled us over.

(Ed:  Duckmobile?)

This was when coolness needed you to paint it yourself.  You couldn't spend five hundred thousand for Eddie Van Halen's Les Paul and suddenly become the star of stage and screen.  We didn't even know Van Halen yet.  We loved them when we did, tho.


This is not a hippie vehicle as we were (and likely remain) freaks.  Hippies were cool but freaks were (and likely remain) a lot more fun.

(Ed:  fun involves police cruisers?)

It seemed they were part of it quite a bit.


So, here we were, busted again ... or just about to be.  Smoke was gushing out of the car like it was set up for a Cheech & Chong movie.  Cops back then either didn't know or didn't care so the cop ignored the smoke and invited me to join him back in his cruiser because of the actual violation which drew his attention in the first place.

(Ed:  bullshit.  You're saying cops needed a reason to bust you?)

Yah, I know it's hard to believe but that's really how it was.


Now, hippies would be cool in this situation.  They would see one of their number has been busted so they would chant about the fifth dimension or something.  Hare Krishna, Hare Krishna ...

Yah, so freaks are not like that.  As I said, freaks are a lot more fun.

Instead of accepting the situation and rolling with it until there's some cool place to get high, what's the logical thing.  Sure, let's blow a joint while Silas is getting busted in the police cruiser.

The cop didn't notice but they were up there blowing this joint and laughing their asses off.  From my excellent vantage point in the police cruiser, I could see them doing it.  The main deal was not to laugh as then that gets us all busted.  Mostly all I could think was, you motherfuckers.  I'm going to stab you when I get out of here.

But I didn't.  Freaks aren't like that.

It was my reefer, tho, and you boys are going to have to be real nice before I'll be sharin' after that little stunt.  Yep, freaks are like that.

No comments: