Tuesday, September 22, 2015

The Dangers of Legal Reefer - from a Long-Time Stoner

Unless you're an idiot, you always know your dealer.  It doesn't matter if he is black, white, gay, straight, or barks at cars so long as he has the name, even if you don't know the real one.

In all these reefer stores, no-one knows the dealer.  They don't know the products, what's been distilled out of them, what's been concentrated, etc, etc and the Feds, as usual, have no idea what they're doing.


So then he sez, it's as dangerous as heroin.

So I acks him, I've smoked reefer and snorted heroin.  I've smoked reefer with heroin mixed into the joint.  What do you know of them?

He sez, oh, I read about them.

It's precious how these li'l chipmunks read things and assume it's knowledge.

Note:  don't fuck with heroin ... ever.  I was lucky ... I was given too much and it made me unbelievably sick.  That was enough to grasp its power and enough to know there's no possible escape if I go on with it.  Always have an exit plan.  If you don't see one, you're going the wrong way.

(Ed:  why not?  You did.)

And it was a huge mistake.  I pass that along so you don't make the same one.


What's happening right now is the Doper White Flight as these grow-your-own corporations spring up and are producing enormous volumes of reefer.  The first move is to incorporate and write off all the equipment from taxes as a business expense.  Welcome to the One True Path to the 1% and guess who isn't going ... again.

Do you ever see any black faces in these reefer store videos.  I've never seen one yet.  This has not been an investigation but I've noticed there's always vanilla in the air around these places.


(Ed:  are you making a charge of racism?)

I'm observing the facts and you can draw whatever conclusion you wish.

Rather than overt KKK racism, this is more like racial opportunism.  Who has the most opportunity to fund the large-scale operations to drive these reefer stores.  This is a big-ticket investment and, if you don't have the money, you can't play.


(Ed:  what do you want me to do about it?)

Do whatever you like but I know I'll be staying with dealers I can trust ... and they're not in stores.

Note:  the only one to rip me off in many, many years was someone who was doing it to be an asshole.  As I say, know your dealer.


(Ed:  what specific hazard is there in hipsterization of reefer beyond the racial disparity?)

Every Dagwood in Colorado thinks he's a pot doctor and they're doing various extracts to put concentrates in chocolate and who knows what else.  This is Wild West mindfuck with something they don't fully understand.  There are claims some of these products are so concentrated that one of them killed a kid.  We have no way of verifying such things.  We know smoking reefer the traditional way never killed anyone and we damn sure don't smoke with kids but now there may be valid claims.

Moreover, every pendulum can swing back at any time.  The number of reported car crashes and arrests for DWI due to reefer have increased in Colorado.  It's easily conceivable there will be a backlash which comes down harder on stoners than the original law.  The actual problem is a bunch of amateurs who are moving way too fast, in terms of production and also end-user consumption, but the damage they do could have much larger consequence than local tragedies.

We've seen hipster designer cowboys playing with every twisted isomer of XTC to get some different effect and now that same class of cowboys is toying with reefer.  THC is the primary active ingredient in reefer but there are many others and purifying or synthesizing that single molecule is not even close to the same thing as what is obtained from natural reefer.

Ignoring all the above, hipster cowboy pot doctors define some percentage concentration of THC as suitable and then they continue with that, assuming reefer quality stays consistent over long periods.  The only way they can ensure consistency is by cultivation through cloning and that has a packet of genetic risk over a long term.

There are chemicals such as colchicine which induces polyploidy (i.e. multiple copies of the individual's genetic material).  This results in significantly larger plant which is, regrettably, poisonous.  This needs science, not hipster witch doctors.


(Ed:  are you implying Fed regulation?)

I'll say it straight out.  Someone needs to keep track of this shit.  When I'm hearing of a dead kid, there is a major pooch screw in progress.  Reefer never killed anyone.  This kid is dead.  Reconcile those facts or close the stores.  Maybe the fact is it did not kill him but we don't know that.  Someone damn sure ought to find out.


I've been getting high safely and illegally for almost fifty years.  Of one thing I am quite sure:  I will never enter a reefer store.  I don't trust them, not for a second.  Quite apart from anything else, no-one can ever prove I have used any illegal drug in my life.  I've probably got more speeding tickets than Pope Francis but, other than that, my record is just as clean (hard as that may be to believe).


(Ed:  the IRS probably doesn't like you very much)

The IRS doesn't like anyone very much.

Maestro, rim shot, please.

No comments: