Sunday, September 27, 2015

Who Reads This Hogwash (video)

Well, one thing we know ... you did.  Thanks for that as there's some abrasive stuff on here but, wtf, it's real.

There was some hooting recently about not drawing readers but that came from trying to get some blood without knowing anything.  It comes up on half a million reads so there's something you like.

Readers go up and down depending on whether I write is judged to be hogwash.  Some of it lately hasn't been my best stuff and readership goes up or down from that.  Even at its worst, hundreds of people read it each day and often it goes to thousands.

What that means to me is I see the article about Drone Pilots as the big hit for the last 7 days so that incites me to top it.  If you agree with some article then it will.  Observing that process is what makes the readership go up or down.

The objective is to be everything a social network is not as it's honest, no affectation, etc, etc.

(Ed:  no affectation?  You're a twenty-eight-year-old cartoon rock god and there's no affectation?)

It would be affectation if you believed it.  I'm not trying to sell anything, it's just something I do.

(Ed:  who the hell makes you a rock god?)

No idea.  Make up your own mind.




Of all the videos, if I could only keep one then this would be it.  The video can probably not be re-mastered to bring it up to HD.  Best to leave it as it stands, I'm thinking.

(Ed:  there are shitloads of mistakes in it)

The only way to make something absolutely perfect is if you take no chances.  All musicians make mistakes, the only question is how fast you can recover from them.

(Ed:  you're not apologetic?)

Nope.  It wouldn't be the same if I did it again anyway.  This stuff is not memorized.

(Ed:  obviously)

Trying to bust my ass that way won't work as it's my purpose to risk mistakes.  Sure it shows I play at my limits but ain't no shame in that.

No comments: