Saturday, October 10, 2015

More Hydroxylizing About the End of the World (audio)

Maybe you ask what that means ... so do I.  It seems like it has something to do with water.  I bet it would be a cool word in hair shampoo for women.  Come on, sexy mama, and feel that hydroxylizing action in your hair.

Well ...

We don't care much about hair but we do for "Capture," the recording from a few days ago.  That one is running alongside "Hey Baby 9" and they're a lot different as "Capture" uses the loop so I've got synth and drums but "Hey Baby" is entirely with the Galaxy Guitar.

Cat liked "Capture" but it didn't exactly blow her dress over her head and the drums definitely don't do anything for her.

Chuck any thought of defensiveness as this is the End of the World, we don't have time for defensiveness.

The drums in "Capture" aren't spectacular but there's not much I would change.  If it were possible, I would use some drum fills before the loop changes but I can't add that to the loop or the fill will kick in every time it repeats rather than only before the phrase change happens.  That might be ok and that could be done by adding some drums to the existing drum track via the keyboard.  That would bypass problems recording on the DR-880 and it may be ok.

More than drums, I'm looking for bass in it.  For musical interest, for me, this will add more.  The regulars know already I will record the song again, even after I have uploaded it.  If the next one is better, I'll upload that.

The vocal track is live on top of the loop and that swings more to come to the Rainbow Bridge to join us.  The people are getting vaporized downtown but this is a different place and that can't happen here.  The trouble with it overall is it can easily drift lofty and masking that with lots of hippie moonbeams and shooting stars won't change that it is lofty insofar as it preaches the Salvation of Music.  It's really kind of an arrogant idea ...

but I've yet to see anything after well over forty years to show me it is false.  It's not my arrogance anyway as I'm only saying what the Master told me.

I'm the one to die when it's time for me to die so let me live my life the way I want to - Hendrix

(Ed:  the Master?)

The One.

(Ed:  you saying he was arrogant?)

No.  It humbled him just as it humbles me.  You can hear it in his voice.

I'll play something and think, fark, that was fucking impossible and it will bring tears to my eyes but not from the impossibility but rather the sound and the feel and the blazing wave of glory it brings.

(Ed:  you don't mean the papparazi glory?)

No.  The other kind.  Much better.  This is light you want.

(Ed:  how will you record this?)

Beats me, dawg.  That's the trick.


All of it sounds so lofty but for me it isn't.  It's where I live and finding the best way to paint it is a fascinating devilment.

Something which might even be possible is to capture the Mystery Lady's voice somehow when all other means won't work.  Skype might be enough to get a sample which could be given some electro-beef to compensate somewhat for the greatly-reduced bandwidth in Skype.  The sample couldn't be used for a lead but it could work for harmony of some nature.  We have not tried this and it may not be possible either but sure would be interesting to discover if it would work and could sure add a fascinating new element to it.

For Salvation over the Rainbow Bridge, the Mystery Lady may only do some angelic la, la, la but that could be so hypnotic.  Keep in mind that's not the primary track but a background harmony and you're not even sure where it originates, just that it's over the bridge somewhere.

The more I think of it, the more I want to hear it.  This may not be possible but it won't stop the song.

Mystery Lady, if you can record a track onto anything then I can probably read it down here or find a way.  The format doesn't matter but ideally it would be AIFF but WAV is fine and MP3 adequate.  I know it needs to be clear what I need before laying anything down but that will become clear.  I'm generally thinking of trying it tonight with lasers and smoke.  That means the new and improved lyrics (i.e. don't exist yet) will be part of it and that should show how it goes.  As with everything, it's all in the beat.

No comments: