Wednesday, October 28, 2015

"Hey Baby - Lasers" - Silas Scarborough - Uploading Now

Audio sync seems to be solved and that had been an ongoing problem.

The audio was sampled into Final Cut first and was told to use a 29.97 frame rate as opposed to the 60p default.  It's as I suspected that the difference between 29.97 fps and 30 fps results in a cumulative sync problem over time and eight or nine minutes is about enough to do it.

So, success with that.


Using a manual focus on the Canon HF-G10 worked well in spite of the lasers.  When the lasers are firing, auto-focus has no chance of figuring what should be getting focus ... so nothing does.  With manual focus set to about two meters, it works well.

The Canon HF-R600 is significantly less expensive than the HF-G10 but has a remarkable number of the same features.  This one was not set to manual focus and you will see a fuzz to it.  That's not the fault of the camera as lasers are impossible for auto-focus.


So that settles two major problems I have been having with video of the high-intensity nature.  The audio sync to the video looks bang on and the focus problem is solved but will not be evident until the next one.


Right now it uploads and is about 75% complete.  YouTube will likely transcode it ... again ... after the upload completes and that will take maybe half an hour to an hour.


Cat will burn my ass, justifiably, if there is any smoke from a cigarette and there is not.  It's not my best musically but you aren't going to know what it took to do it.  You put one foot out there ...

The Galaxy Guitar definitely sparkles.  You can't miss the stars twinkling on her in this one.  The focus for that wasn't as good as I would have liked but you will still see it.


Something which did not work quite as I had hoped was the light fiber hair.  I will ask Yevette to help me with that next time as most of them fell off because I can't easily reach where I need to attach this (cough) hair.

This was a good warm-up as it shows me definitely what I need for the Big Gun which I will shoot to wrap "The End of the World in Fort Worth."


OK, so the video upload is completed and YouTube is now processing it.  YouTube will post the link when it completes.  I will not be awake at that time and more blather in the morning.  You will see it in the Twitter window in the sidebar when it completes and I will follow with an article in the morning.

No comments: