Wednesday, October 28, 2015

"Hey Baby - Lasers" - Silas Scarborough (video) - New

Silas Scarborough running the full kit.



There are more mistakes than I want to hear but that's ok.  We can throw that off to hard to see the strings but we know the answer is always the same:  practice, practice, practice.

This is incredible for me after yesterday and you may get a sample of that because I move toward the mike later in the video and then disappear in the distance.  That was a tumble which didn't complete.  Excellent recovery, even if I do say so myself.

The general point is the musician doesn't even matter that much, just play it pretty, Sam.

The Galaxy Guitar did really well as you will see the stars twinkling.  That's never been some flash in the pan stoner thing but rather I have had trouble capturing it on video.  This isn't the final say on that as I picked up a move from this one:  when a note is being wiggled for the sustain, take the right away from the guitar so people can see the stars twinkling.  The focus on that was the wrong camera but it shows me what will happen next time if I have the cam on a manual focus.

You may see from this a video really needs a third camera, no matter what it's shooting.  The general thought with that is to put the action cam in the light rack and film the set from up there with the camera watching in the same general plane as the lasers.

So, fairly cool, I think, and this sets things up just about perfectly for the next one.  Aiming for tomorrow night on it.

No comments: