Wednesday, September 9, 2015

I'm Coarse, Vulgar, and I'm Not a Follower

Yah, all these things are true.  I'm coarse, I'm vulgar, and I'm not a follower.  I am a lizard.


That's an Emerald Basilisk Lizard and he's a beauty, isn't he.  Life is so thrilling to behold.


Sometimes people criticize my language, particularly since my vocabulary is not trivial.  Why should I express myself in such a base manner when I have the skills to easily avoid it.  The converse of that is I have the skills to employ it when it suits the purpose of what I'm trying to say.

My question in return is how can you possibly have time to question my vulgarity when children starve to death in the world.  What could ever be more supremely vulgar than that.

So, I am a lizard and, actually, it is easy being green.  I can be one self-righteous motherfucker as I have never supported any of this combat and I've been right every damn time, Vietnam to present.  Every single time it has ended in another disaster.

Tom Petty said it a long time ago:


Excerpt from lyrics to "Refugee"

Listen it don't make no difference to me baby
Everybody's had to fight to be free
You see you don't have to live like a refugee
Now baby you don't have to live like a refugee

Right now that isn't entirely clear, is it.  A lot of people do have to live like refugees.  There's no fail in what Petty wrote but it's got a bittersweet connection to present time.


Some are hurt when I do not follow what any specific person or resource is doing on Twitter, Facebook, or so but my number one purpose is to make stuff and everything feeds into that.  Hurting anyone is not my intention, I just don't work that way as following other people means I won't be producing anything.  That's a precious balance and all the more so because I didn't get dead in the last big bike crash.

It was astounding to remain green and still have all four legs after that crash as there was no right to survive it.  There's no logical reason to believe it but that, maybe inevitably, imparts a mission as you got the rest of your life back so what will you do with it.

Well, be the best lizard I can and make a lot of stuff.

No comments: