Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Benjamin Disraeli on Shooting Rock Videos - Updated

Well, actually, no.  They didn't even have radio when Disraeli was alive ... but they did have books.

"Whenever I feel like reading a book, I write one." - Benjamin Disraeli


The statement from Disraeli has been an inspiration all my life.  So it became with video as any time I want to see a video, I make one.  That may sound kind of pompous and maybe that would be fair if I were Steven Spielberg but that's not exactly the case.  Making a video is a laborious solo process but that's ok as even if no-one else watches it, at least I get to see it.  The videos aren't about me but rather I'm in them because the guitar is in them.  I don't see myself too much as I'm looking for whether the stars on the Galaxy Guitar are twinkling, what are the lasers doing, is there enough smoke, etc.  That sounds neurotic but it's good fun for me as my mind is picking up the music and everything has to integrate visually ... or it's crap.


This may segue to a revival of "The End of the World in Fort Worth" (intro sequence) as it's been short the capping song for months.  "Demons and Butterflies" may be a good match and just by dumb luck.  That definitely means shoot it again but it also means funny hats and Cat isn't too enthusiastic about them but I figure, wtf, it's all for the visual.  I'm not trying to represent 'me' and I'm not trying to be a clown, it's just ... something else.

I need more scarves, tho.  There's one here but it has grey in it and that non-color sucks out your soul.  That's why businessmen all wear grey suits.  Having a soul interferes with how they do business.


Fark ... there's yer epiphany:  the End of the World in Fort Worth comes about because of the Demons and Butterflies, in doing nothing about refugees we bring about our own self-destruction.  In getting to the end of the video, it points you back to the beginning in which the people are vaporizing for no apparent reason.  Now you know why.  The lyrics were assumed to have to remain constant but this rolls right into what's there already.

Failing to properly deal with refugees will ultimately kill us all.  We should do it out of sheer selfishness if no better reason.

That is a print.  I'm going with it.

We got attitude.  We got direction.  Make it happen.


So, whenever I want to see a video, I make one.  At least I try and it's a bitch but sometimes something cool happens.

Cat, sometimes you ask why.  This is why!

No comments: