Monday, July 25, 2016

Mystery Lady, For a Good Time Call ...

The one to call is Wanda as no-one on the Earth fries chicken better.  She's got some special ingredients but she won't tell anyone what they are.  If you ask, she just says you have to ask the Preacher ... but he won't tell anyone either.

ML:  now I know you remember the Preacher!

Since the only cognoscenti live in Cincinnati, the Preacher fried chicken and sold it on the street.  It was not quite hotter than you could possibly eat and I sure don't mean room temperature.  He only did it once a week or so and you had to be there or no fried chicken for you, buddy.

(Ed:  who's Wanda?)

No idea.


I hardly ever look at email but I did see your confirmation and I replied to both of you to ensure Yevette saw it as well.

Neither you nor Yevette rolls over for this political mumbo jumbo and you likely have some varying levels of anger / disappointment.  Yevette is furious and I have to be a little bit sharp with, ela, ela, I know this already.  I'm not watching the telly as I only saw a clip of Sanders and that said it all.

Note:  I love the way Greeks go 'ela, ela' with one hand in the air to tell someone 'come on' as in response to a tall story which isn't quite working.


An artist friend on Facebook has striking similarities as she tries any medium she can find so she presented some non-waxy crayons some are using for a different type of coloring book.  I told her you took up batik for a while and she understands perfectly.  Most know her as a singing, bass-playing blues lady but you know how it goes with onions.

My thinking may not look similar with music and writing, etc but for me it's the same as how do you know which medium does it best if you don't push all of them.  Maybe it's kind of a gift when you just know, this is my Calling, and you were meant to be this or that but I like it better this way as it leaves the freedom to try any damn thing and I know you dig doing things the same way.


I know Yevette looks forward to a voice of sanity, particularly when it's funny!  I hope you know already I do.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was just looking at Youtube Enchanted Forest and Secret Garden finished coloringbook compilations and its just very sweet to see the same books published in many languages and each page colored in so many varied ways--yet the same page. Beautiful world!! I know that I have used 50cent child crayola crayons and markers, neon office highlighters, and I have finally sprung for the Derwent Inktense Pencils and blocks--found Prismacolor pencils at Sams clubs, and as you can see from the box from Cheap Joes--I ordered some things from them! Bought 'em on time with a credit card cause, just because!! Yvette should see all the shading and original backdrops placed on pages by the artists from around the world! They are just stunning! Gosh, how could I forget the Country Preachers big ass plate of fried chix with sides on Friday at MSB with the boys from operations!!! As far as the recipe, I remember the words to the song by Jim Croce--"you dont pull on Supermans cape, ya dont spit in the wind....dah dah ! ML

Unknown said...

The Preacher's legend lives on!

I hope she sees the comment but gets hypnotized by those damn web demons. I keep telling her that stuff will rot your teeth but it's a fascination. Damn Eye of the Raven is what it is! (larfs)