Friday, July 15, 2016

First Started with a Weeper

First up was "Sleepless in Seattle" because there's nothing like a chick flick weeper to flush out the pipes a little bit so, in case your pipes are needing some activity, roll with this:

Shall we?




There's no segue because every other chick flick has someone dying in horrible agony and wtf kind of movie is that.


There is another kind of weeper, tho, as the next choice was "Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom" because men often cry when we see those old aircraft.  And, man, check out that gorgeous Ford Tri-Motor ... oh God, I can't go on ...

Kate Capshaw's screaming got a bit toward enough of this so that led to a not-so-good copy of "Independence Day: the Resurgence."  The movie is kind of active and has cool special effects but I'm not getting a strong bug vibe from it.  I'm about a third of the way into it and I often watch movies in stretches but so far there are no alien bugs.

This one doesn't look like it will be a weeper although a whole lot of destruction ought to be coming down fairly soon.  In fact, the only way this could turn into a weeper is if, once again, Patsy Kensit shows up but rejects my offers of marriage.

(Ed:  who the hell is Patsy Kensit?)

She was in "Lethal Weapon" as the innocent assistant to the South African drug traffickers.  She rejected me and my lonely cinematic heart was broken.

(Ed:  she fookin' died at the bottom of the bay!)

Well, she did have reason for rejecting me, that's true.

Oh, Lord, the heartbreak.  I can't continue.

No comments: