Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Yakkety Yak, Yakkety Yak

Life is surprisingly non-degraded the day after the show although the wings are feeling it.

(Ed:  you just flew in from Vegas and, boy, are your arms tired?)

Something like that.

Maestro, rim shot, please.


After sleeping for a while, I wasn't surprised to hear Yevette talking on the telephone but I was definitely surprised to hear it was the Mystery Lady on the other end.  I thought, well, I just woke up in time so I quickly got my stuff and sat down on a nearby chair.

And I listened to the yakkety yak ...

and some more yakkety yak ...

and yet more yakkety yak ...

but it was cool since they were laughing frequently or at least Yevette was so I'm reasonably sure the Mystery Lady was yucking it up too.


After a while, I went to the back since, nope, not needed here.  Move along, move along.  Don't read that as remorseful since the situation was charming.  Often I'm suggesting to Yevette, most source media is only ear cancer and it will poison you so best to push it away.  Hearing them talking about things they enjoy was a delight, particularly when it's so easy to find things which don't delight at all.


By the time it was my turn, there weren't many minutes left on her phone but Mystery Lady was still laughing so definitely keep rolling.  She had one question in particular, tho:  how come all of Silas bitches got birthdays around the same time of year.

Can't say I was really anticipating that one and my best answer was the Illuminati made it that way.

(Ed:  weak!)

Hey, it's improv and it doesn't always work.  Take it easy.  Have a peanut.


She asked about a recording of the show from last night and I didn't shoot video but I have high-resolution audio.  That file hasn't been processed yet and I'm not allowed to judge it (i.e. my own rule) since I can always find fault in anything I do.  Therefore, the plan is to process it as one file and upload the entire thing.  I'm not sure of the best place to put it and YouTube is the preferred way but that's a one-hour file which means a huge video, long upload, etc.  More to come about that after it's processed.


Thank you, Mystery Lady.  It was grand to hear your voice and even more so for all the comedy.


No comments: