Sunday, July 17, 2016

Silas at Cat's MusikCircus Tomorrow Night

It's unusual for an upcoming gig to be, well, unusual but so it goes and it must be at least six months since playing live but tomorrow is Cat's birthday so yahoo.

The set will be driven by back tracks I've made from my own material and I will be driven by love.

(Ed:  don't try to be Robert Frost)

You didn't see how I bowed and doffed my hat with the long purple feather.

(Ed:  cool ... but you still ain't a poet)

That's ok as I'm not much of a Casanova either but I have a nice hat.


The last few days have sucked of the hurty kind and sometimes it gets that way.  Unknown what happens as yesterday was a call to hear me formally decline the lung biopsy.  The lady was surprisingly insistent as she needed to know if I fully understand what declining means.  I told her sincerely I appreciated that but my decision must stand although I will track things via my primary.

I'm stoned most of the time but only amateurs lose awareness from a buzz and the best comes from being multi-dimensional.  Suzy Homemaker loves to waste all kinds of time multi-tasking and she would be a riot after smoking some ganja.  The question now is not whether you are experienced but whether you are multi-dimensional.

Paul Muad'Dib, when he became the Kwisatz Haderach, had the power to be multiple places at once but that's not such a tough thing.  Blow a spliff and you will be doing it in five minutes or less.


Going into a set with a vibe like this is outer space strange but there's coolness for me, in large part simply for doing it.  It's rising from the primal decay and Ironman and all sorts of movie stuff.  Many of you don't even like the jams and that will always hurt but over time you learn some do and playing for them makes them happy so they trip with you.  The MusikCircus gives the finest kind of trippin' people as they're not yakking all the time or going YOU RAWK like blithering idiots.

We're aware of a berserker in Nice and another one in Baton Rouge and the horror, the horror, but we will not revel in it.  We know we will not escape it but, despite that acute awareness, we will trip and it won't be the light fantastic but hopefully fantastic things will come.

No comments: