Monday, July 18, 2016

Silas Plays a Set at the MusikCircus

When the horses come, you know the set is happening.


SaveMe Oh made the visuals so who needs LSD anymore.  It's grand to be playing along and look over at the screen sometimes to see the most hellacious visuals flying about and, well, sometimes a horse's ass.  Silas is on the stage somewhere in all that light but he answers to Horse's Ass anyway.


The set started out surprisingly smoothly after all this time and I caught about half of lefty Unplugged's set.  Mario was there and had not heard him previously.  I had told him there were similarities between his set and that of lefty.  He said he heard a loose association and the link I mean is mostly in terms of the poetry since both are exceptionally good at it

lefty Unplugged had a good crowd for his show and the vibe was highly cool from the top.  The cutover to my set was nicely smooth without much dead air as people hate dead air as much as the dreaded Lag.  Dead air comes if I need to fiddle about starting my stream after lefty has shut his down.  Very bad to be fiddling about.  Don't do that (larfs).


Most of the people from lefty's audience stayed for my show and more people came so the ghost town due to my extremely radical nutcase looney politics didn't happen.  You bet that was a concern and I would have been happy to play for Cat even if no-one else had come but it was her birthday so the bigger the better.  It did come that way and people seemed like they were diggin' the whole vibe so goodness all around.

Amazingly enough, the subjects of cops, politics, or who really killed JFK didn't even come up once.


The set was driven almost entirely by tracks rather than by using the looper.  The advantage is the songs can pop off a whole lot faster because you can deliver some stage patter then click a button and the next song starts.  We don't want much stage patter, tho.  Very bad.  Shut up and play.


"Love in the Cemetery" is a long-time favorite because it still kills me how pretty girls were lining up to be the next one to get killed in the video I and my demonic crew were shooting.  It also lets me deliver my best rock Casanova line:  if you can't find love from a vampire, you ain't goin' find it anywhere.  No matter what else you may think about vampire love, you always know it's sincere, although regrettably (cough) fatal.



These aren't vampires unless they spent way, way too much time in their coffins but it was still great to see them come to the show.  These were also made by SaveMe Oh and you see it's killer the wildness she builds.  Cat's stage starts out wild and SaveMe Oh gets wild on top of that ... and then the vampires show up.


Silas made it through the hour and no-one was more surprised than he.  After the first three or four songs, Silas saw the time at 5:23 ... it had only been running for a bit over twenty minutes.  Oh boy, you better pull up some Silas stuff because ending it early is not going to happen.  That was always an out but he was damned if it would happen.


I told Cat I would do it again as soon as possible and I'll skip the walking ten miles through the snow to school but it's still walking ten miles through the snow.  It's the reverse in Texas because I don't so much end the set as float away from it.  There's nothing for it after that but to put me in the back of a truck to take me to a car wash for their pressure hoses to fully disinfect my stinkfulness.

(Ed:  it doesn't come that fast!)

Yah, but it will (larfs).  I was absolutely soaked.


Endurance is the biggest variable and best to keep any sets on an irregular basis.  I do promise to do another one but I'm not sure how soon.  Physical difficulty was moderately high which is acceptable because I can do it.  I'll likely bitch and moan when I can't do it anymore but this time it worked.  The buzz level was low and I thought about that before playing but decided lay off on transcendental until after the set.

You may be thinking limitations caused problems but Cat said it was one of my best.  Of course I'm diggin' that because she was jazzed by it on her birthday and that's a grand feeling.

There is a recording of the set and the only place it could be uploaded is the Ride the Dragon podcast because it would be so long SoundCloud would bust me.  No chance that will happen tonight as I will get horizontal momentarily.


It all came out as a special time for everyone through both shows this evening and that sets me soaring, well, along with another bowl.  Right now is exhaustion with great satisfaction and feeling a whole lot of love.

No comments: