Thursday, July 11, 2013

Soundcheck for Tony Bram's Orchestra

This has to be the most meticulous sound check of all time as they have been working on it for about three hours and it has been getting more elaborate as they have gone along.


Getting there



A lot of people on-stage now!  There are two thirty-two channel mixing consoles out in front and that seems a bit extreme but the sound they're getting is very clean.


There is more going on behind the stage as well.


I think that's Tony Bram in black using a cellphone behind the stage.


And let's take a closer look at the orchestra:


Keyboard and synthesizer, three harmony singers, a lead singer, and a guitarist




Drums and bass in the middle and middle-left




Two saxophones and a trumpet plus one more keyboard and synthesizer musician.  I don't believe I've heard another band with two keyboard players so it should be most interesting to hear how that works.


Of course I haven't forgotten about Le Tour but the riders are many kilometers from here resting and preparing for the next Stage tomorrow that will bring them to Saint Amand-Montrond.


A side-note:  I've seen what I'm doing doing called 'Live Blogging' but it seems to me it would be much more notable if ever 'Dead Blogging' were observed.

No comments: