Sunday, July 14, 2013

Claims this was Suicidal Were a Bit Exaggerated

When I started out to cross France on a scooter I was advised that this was suicide.  I'm now in Le Havre and I can safely say the traverse was successful albeit with a bit of damage to me and some stuff lost in the crash.

It was two hundred and forty plus kilometers from Le Mans to Le Havre so it was a long day on the road but determination wins.  I'm about a kilometer from where the ferries depart and it's about five or six hours for crossing the English Channel so I will definitely be in England tomorrow.  There's only one ferry and it departs at 17 o'clock so I guess I will be screwing around a bit in Le Havre yet.  I will get over to the port as early as possible as I don't want the faintest chance of missing the ferry.

The previous article about Le Mans was the highlight of the day but touring is its own reward.  It's been fairly difficult but it's still been an extraordinary experience.  I really wasn't thinking of writing a book going into this but I am now and the blog articles are the starting point for it.  This is why I wasn't reluctant to delete the article about owning a chateau as it only has marginal relevance to what I want the book to say.

The drive from Portsmouth to Edinburgh is about seven hundred kilometers and I only have a couple of days to do it if I'm to play for Cat on Thursday which I very much want to do.  I also want to visit lefty Unplugged on the way up there but who knows if he would even want that.

So I may not be able to report tomorrow or a report will come very late but I will almost certainly be in England by tomorrow night.

No comments: