Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Frasers and Monsters from Loch Ness

Perhaps you think it is unusual that my family comes from around Loch Ness but I think it would be unusual if we came from anywhere else.  You can go up there to visit ancient sea monsters or Frasers ... or both.  Perfect!

This makes me all the more sure the Loch Ness monster is a hoax.  Given my own history of practical jokes, I have every confidence there is some Fraser who figured out how to make a convincing sea or loch monster and has been crying with laughter ever since ... for generations.  My sister and I even made a Loch Ness monster in a snow sculpture one year.  It wouldn't have been quite the thing to convince tourists but it did look pretty cool.

Unfortunately, my iPhoto collection is not available while I'm on the road but I will post a picture of our Loch Ness snow monster another time.  I'm pretty sure I still have a picture and it's art, I tell you!  (Actually, I believe there's a lot of art in snow and sand sculptures but that will keep for another time as well.)

Also, it was Brits who came up with crop circles so the evidence in favor of a hoax is looking fairly strong.  Note it was a Brit who invented the Piltdown Man, the most successful hoax in paleontology ever.  (Wiki:  Piltdown Man)

But I will still go out to see if I spot a loch monster if I go up there.  What if it's not a hoax!

No comments: