Monday, July 22, 2013

I Made it to Scotland!

At first I really didn't know where I was but the receptionist confirmed it when I got a room.  I hadn't really intended to ride this far as I was pretty good and tired but everywhere I asked had no vacancies so I kept on rolling north.  Sure enough, I rolled all the way to Scotland!  (Yes, the map is updated to as close as possible to where I am now)

Right now I'm roughly one hundred and fifty kilometers from Edinburgh but tomorrow they have forecast major thunderstorms with flash floods, etc.  This isn't a big surprise as there has been the heatwave that has been given a whole lot of attention.  It doesn't matter if you think it's not much from where you are as people in England find it very hot.  When hot weather breaks anywhere, there's always a big bang and that's coming tomorrow.  I don't think there's any chance of making Edinburgh before the booming starts but those kinds of storms usually blow themselves out fairly quickly.  We shall see.


It was a very special time with lefty and Mrs lefty as they couldn't have been nicer, sweeter, and more hospitable and what's very cool on top of that is they're funny and they are radiating sunshine in every possible direction.  Mrs lefty left to be with her family over the weekend whilst lefty and I went out for all kinds of music and it was fabulous, really fabulous.  I've written of that already but saying it again is a back-handed way of saying thank you.  That's fine but still much better to say it straight up:  thank you lefty and Mrs lefty!

No comments: