Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Lyon, a Place of Singular Beauty

Lyon is far and away the most beautiful city I have seen along the way.  I ran a picture yesterday that showed a castle or something that sure looks like it might be one I was trying to find.


If you check the perspective of the castle against the picture of 3D Street Art in Lyon, you will see I wasn't too far away from this artwork.  Thanks to Yevette for finding this.



The chalk drawing wouldn't alone be enough of a reason to go back there but Le Tour de France will be there on Saturday and Sunday and several of you have said what a shame it would be to miss it.  Instead of backtracking, another possibility is to go west from here to Saint Pourcain-sur-Sioule as Le Tour will go through there on July 13.  I would arrive there on July 11 and perhaps could find somewhere cheap to stay for a few days until they come through.  It looks like N79 (Soixant de Neuf) to get there.  (Graphic map of Le Tour de France at The 100th Tour de France  - 2013)

From Saint Pourcain-sur-Sioule my own Le Tour would then go to Tours, Le Mans, and Le Havre.  That means no Belgium but I'm not seeing a whole lot of reason to go into Belgium just to 'tag it' or some such.  I told you all I'm happy to be your eyes and ears for this so I believe I have today's Le Tour objective!

I have a very generous offer from Susan and Crap to put me on a train to get the rest of the way if I make it to Calais but I really think it's important to see this thing through all the way.  Going to Stonehenge may seem corny but I don't feel that way about it at all.  More North is lefty Unplugged who plays frequent RL live shows and that would be one major treat to attend plus I could shoot some video so you could see and hear it.

So, onward with Le Tour de Silas!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stonehenge another bucket list stop. Add Lemans. Ftom my perspective it is s no brainer.

Unknown said...

I'm really not so much looking at this as bucket list stuff but rather it's here, I'm here ... let's go!