Monday, July 8, 2013

Une Nuit de Plus (English text)

The title is French for 'one more night.'  Une nuit de plus (uhn-eh noo-ee duh ploo)

While my foot has significantly improved, there's still bleeding and my back is still difficult.  Riding will just make that worse as I found out yesterday.  It's actually easier when the scooter is loaded as that gives back support but it makes more sense to stay down for one more to give it a chance.  If you've ever thrown out your back, you know how it goes.  If you go to a doctor then you get pain meds and muscle relaxers both of which make you a zombie and neither of which make any difference to improving how long it takes to get better.  In fact, it will get better all by itself so long as you don't push it.

The unofficial reason is that there is significant barnacle encrustation on the boat and that won't make sense to most of you but it has to be that way as there is no chance barnacles belong in the story.  You can see some of it from BornAgain yesterday with the stupid and deliberately mean advice to get a job in a factory when I've been having difficulty walking.  This is the same person who was more than happy to smoke the reefer and hash I was buying when I was visiting but now says she provided it all.  She has apparently also forgotten a quite nice studio mike I gave her but such is the nature of case-building when you want to be a Facebook hero and so it goes when you need to warp reality to suit your needs.  There is more of this coming from Cincinnati and yet more from Iowa.

Barnacles never get anywhere without attaching to a boat and that's why they do it.  I'm not positive about what is happening but there appears to be some interference in Edinburgh and that would make it a Very Bad Idea to go there.  I need to make a decision at the latest by the point of reaching Dijon as I can divert to Germany there.  While this might seem roundabout, it was crucially important to avoid the Alps and this would work perfectly for doing that.  From Dijon I either go to Reims to continue up to Calais or head for Nancy and subsequently into Germany which is one hell of a lot closer than Edinburgh and nowhere near as far north.

I have seen flats for rent in Germany for €200 so it seems survivable.  I have talked a bit to my cousin in Edinburgh and she has said it would be possible to survive, albeit brutishly, on what comes in on Social Security.  I will need to talk to Cat about this as she would know best whether it really is possible to survive in Germany.  The long-time readers already know of my love and fascination with Germany and it's based on a great many good reasons.  The reasons for Edinburgh have shifted from medical which I've pretty much abandoned to seeing family and my birthplace.  However, if that means taking barnacles with me then it's not worth it.

Some of you understand loving someone you will probably never see and no amount of explanation will bring it home to anyone who does not.  Rather than focusing on barnacles, it is much better to focus on the real people in this story:  Cat, Lotho, Yevette, Susan, Crap, Cadillac Man, all of whom have been tremendously helpful emotionally and some also financially.  All boats will accumulate barnacles but the joy in life is in the ones who stand with you on the deck.  None of them will tell me which way to steer and that's part of why I love them.

For today I will explore a little bit as I have heard you on more pictures and more people.  As above, real people are what make life a joy and I will see who I can find.  For the longer view, I will find somewhere with meaning in my life where I can get strong WiFi as this will permit me to make music online, maybe even offline as well, and write the book, "Abandoning Paradise."  You may think it is already written but what you have been reading is the blog and that is not the same thing.  I will also re-publish "Lunagrams," the poems of the Galactic Peace Tour, only this time without my videos in it so the iBook is no longer a gigantic download.  This trek is not about chasing rainbows and neither is it about amusing barnacles but rather it is the art of life.  Thanks to everyone who is up on the deck with me!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I dont do facebook. A fairly useless endeavor. I will ask.Raven to explain. I thought Edinburgh was for health reasons a necessity.

Anonymous said...

You need to quit letting other peoples opinions affect your decisions.
Your sister will buddy pass you stateside if you want I have multiple houses that you can stay at or Texas or Florida are all good destinations.
Florida being the most logical as it kills two with one stone

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

After talking some more it confirms the plan: go to Edinburgh. It's the most viable option with best opportunities for recovery.

Anonymous said...

PS why respond to the negatives. Just delete them and focus on the the trip

Unknown said...

You're right. That is the solution and focus is what matters.