Thursday, July 4, 2013

Making for Genoa and the West Coast of Italy

It's about fifty kilometers to Genoa on the west coast so I will make that easily.  I know there are many campgrounds along the coast and my hope is that I will be able to find one.  I haven't even seen one since Monday so we shall see.  I know for sure that will cost about twenty euros which would still be expensive but much, much better than a hotel.

It may not be possible to get WiFi but you know I will be trying to find a campground that also supports it.  Yes, I know even McDonald's has WiFi in America.  This is not America (laughs).

My words for the day are 'mi dispiace' (pronounce mee diss-pee-ah-chee) and these mean I'm sorry in Italian.  I'm sorry I'm a stupid Scotsman who knows no Italian.  As with Greece, the biggest charm of Italy is the people but it must really suck to be beautiful here as everyone is!

I will try to get more pictures today as it's very important to me to share this as much as possible.  Something that's amused me about the articles I wrote on Greece is that the ones on shark attacks are getting a great deal of attention.  It appears Germans have a lot of concern about being lunch when they swim.  A much bigger concern is getting stung by jellyfish as that happens constantly all around the Mediterranean.

This probably looks like the Silas Vacation World Tour but I haven't been swimming anywhere!  Mostly I like seeing people and things as, to me, that's where the real story lies.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is 200km a day a fair target broken into 50km jaunts.
It woould allow scooter and Silas rest time in between. And cut your travel time and lower your overall expenses

Anonymous said...

thats about 6 dats to Le Harve. Ferry with scooter £45. looking for ferry from there to ireland of scotland

Anonymous said...

Sorry I had Ireland on the wrong side. Any one know a ferry line route from Le Harve or Calias
to Scotland

Unknown said...

Things have changed a wee bit. Please see the latest on Down But Not Out

Anonymous said...

I will help as soon as I get to a landline computer