Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Young Man in the Travelodge in Stafford - Updated

There's a very helpful and personable young man at the desk here at the Travelodge in Stafford, England, and we talked for some while about living and roaming about.  He had recently visited the Dominican Republic and found the same as what I was saying about Greece, that the people have a quite different attitude toward living and these are places one would never want to leave.


He came up with a quite good idea about contacting a newspaper or radio station in Edinburgh as he thinks the story of the scoot from Greece to go home could be inspirational to people.  I love the idea that it could be inspirational and a bit of grandstanding would make my ol' Dad proud too (laughs).

As with all of the people I have met along the way, the young man was quite surprised when I asked to take his picture as in why would you want a picture of me.  The answer is the same as with everyone else that he is real in a world of full of things that seem real but are not.  We seek so much to acquire things that seem so important at the time but can disappear in a moment and of course there is no consideration as they're things, they're not capable of consideration.

So I will take his suggestion and contact a newspaper in Edinburgh to let them know of this saga and, who knows, perhaps they will pick up the story.  Thank you, young man, and I hope you find the paradise in your life, wherever it may be, and next time you do not have to leave.


As to the picture, that is not a beach tan, my little cherubs!  That's an advanced scooter tan and it stops at the shirt lines!  It may seem from the picture that I don't wear a helmet but that's not true.  I have been wearing my kranos (Greek for helmet) for every millimeter of this ride and perhaps it made a difference in the crash in Nice as that was quite a bang.


Update:

There, I did it.  I have just sent an email to a newspaper in Edinburgh and we shall see what comes of that.  More to come!

No comments: