Tuesday, July 9, 2013

lefty and Untolerable Playing for France

Last night I was able to attend the concerts at Cat's Art MusikCircus and that has been kind of rare on Le Tour de Silas but it was a great pleasure to be there ... even though I couldn't hear it.  Apparently the WiFi server here blocks streaming music, presumably to economise on bandwidth.  Even so, I love being Cat's Guardian Clown and it was great to be there with her and show support for lefty Unplugged and Untolerable Bohemian.


While I can't report on what lefty Unplugged played, I can tell you of the reaction in the audience and they clearly loved it.  After arriving at a lefty show, no-one leaves.  The man is a consummate songwriter and I can go one better than a report on his live show by bringing you one of his videos.  Unlike most of lefty's videos, this one is a full production with bass, drums, and more guitars.



You can find more videos from lefty Unplugged / Kevin Farrell on his Artist Profile.


It may seem that I'm alone here in France but I had a friend taking in the show with me:


No, of course it's not a cockroach.  Damn city kids!  It's a cricket and it's very very bad juju to injure a cricket.  Well, it's bad juju to injure anything but you go straight to Hell for harming a cricket.


Untolerable Bohemian played the second show last night and he always does a highly unconventional style.


As with lefty, the audience for Untolerable Bohemian was hugely enthusiastic and no-one left until the end of his show.  He got them buzzing particularly when he said 'the difference between a man and a boy is the size of his toy' and perhaps he meant boys play with rowboats and men play with yachts but, somehow, I don't think so ... and neither did anyone else in the audience.

You can find more about Untolerable on his Artist Profile.


And I still couldn't hear it but Cat and I danced:


Cat was looking gorgeous and check out the stage she built behind us.  Incredible!

No comments: