Saturday, July 6, 2013

The Morning Status

It doesn't hurt the most the day you go down because you've insulted your body so much that it really doesn't know what to make of it.  Overnight it gets pissed off.  In the morning it comes for revenge.  You hurt me so I'm going to hurt you!  This is how it thinks (laughs).

My right side is whining mightily.  The ankle and the knee are screeching but I can still walk.  I am slow but I can move.  If you can't walk then ride, right?  (laughs some more)

The abrasions, etc will recover.  Nothing much to say about them.  They're just stingy annoyances and they will pass.  The ankle / knee stuff will pass as well but they will enjoy pissing me off for a few days yet.

I appreciate the encouragement to push onward.  The other choice was to cry like a sissyboy and fly out of Nice but I really never would forgive myself for that.

The inventory losses are the camping stuff and a great many clothes.  There was no damage to musical or computer stuff.  It's possible my external disk was injured but no way to verify that here.

Please do help if you can.  I'm in fairly deep trouble at this point and any support you can send will be hugely appreciated.  Getting the rest of the way will not be cheap and avoiding mountains is going to be one hell of a good trick.  I'm sorry about the begging but it has come to that.


A story!

I wasn't in France long before my first encounter with the gendarmes.  There was the sudden appearance of blue lights behind me and the loving tweet from the car's siren.  Apparently I ran a red light.  I was suitably contrite but he was a wee bit puzzled:  you are UK but you come from Greece and you have a Tennessee driver's license.  Tell me why I should not send you to Devil's Island!

I didn't have a good answer for that but really he was pretty cool about it and kind of gave up in disgust.  This Brit is just too damn stupid for words and off they went!

Not a bad job that my only two encounters with police on the whole trip were on the same day and in the same country!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Any ideas on not getting lost so you arent wating travel time. I can fly you to Edinburgh. Or cover a hotel and food to layover til you feel up to the ride. But you need to find cheaper hotels
I really cant see quitting on such a cool adventure. I will try funding again today dont know why the donate button doesmt like my money. Worst case I can go to your bank but cant do.that til monday.

Anonymous said...

Finally came up with same mileage as Jsmn no worries. 5 days at 210 per day if you dont get lost. no tent. hotels only but must stay under €30 per day they must be out there.
Increase your food allowance. your are in france pretty good vittles there

Unknown said...

I really don't have a choice on pushing hard as it looks like fifty euros is the budget room. I can cover a lot of ground on the Autobahn but at the expense of the tolls which today were twenty-seven euros. Apparently it's about a euro for every ten kilometers so the government must make an incredible fortune on it! I would like to lie low somewhere and just screw around exploring but that would be a high luxury!