Saturday, July 6, 2013

Hitting a Brick in Montelimar

Since I'm down to €120, going forward means I'm dead broke tomorrow morning but somewhere around three hundred kilometers closer to Edinburgh.

I know some of you are trying to help and I appreciate those who already have.  Paypal takes about 3-4 days for any withdrawal to get to the bank whereas a direct deposit to the bank is available immediately.  I'm sorry about being so crass about it but I've definitely hit a brick.

It may be that my best move at this moment is no move at all.  I can stay here again tonight and explore around Montelimar a little bit for cheap.  Staying here would give some recovery time too.  The Suffer Bitch approach to my ankle does seem to have worked to some extent as I am walking more easily.  My knee isn't complaining anymore but my back still complains from when I had to lift Haximoto a few days ago.  Oh, oh, feel my pain (laughs).

The above isn't to whine but for a status report.  I pushed it very hard yesterday and got into the room about 19:00 or so.  I fell asleep pretty quickly and didn't wake up until 3:30!  I don't know if I have ever done that in my life before!  So, there's pushing and there's being stupid so taking a day to back off might not be such a bad idea.  The hotel has a nice breakfast for €4,90 which is an exceptionally good value for France which I have discovered to be quite extremely expensive.  Even a pack of cigarettes is €6,60 whereas in Greece a pack would be €3,70. I had cut way down anyway and those prices will keep it down!

So, I believe I have already made up my mind.  Stay here one more night to take it easy.  I can explore the area of Montelimar which I find is the Nougat Capital of the world and was even mentioned on a song by The Beatles "Savoy Truffle!"

Crème tangerine and Montelimar
A ginger sling with a pineapple heart
A coffee dessert, yes, you know it's good news
But you have to have them all pulled out
After the Savoy truffle

No, of course I didn't know that but was interested to discover it.

I really couldn't care less about candy and rarely eat it but nougat is something for which Montelimar is widely-known and I think that's pretty cool.  I had thought it was kind of unusual that there were big bags of nougat for sale everywhere and now I know why.

No comments: