Wednesday, July 3, 2013

On Expectations

Based on UK citizenship, I have a right to be there and I have a right to breathe the air.  Beyond that the UK doesn't owe me one damn thing.  What I hope is that I will qualify for NHS but that may not work out. However, that won't change anything as I don't have medical now.  There are two key ingredients to staying healthy and they will never change:  eat right and don't smoke.  The third ingredient is exercise and, to some extent, the moto addresses that.  It's not at all a cardiovascular drill but it sure as hell does improve muscle tone; this has been one major work-out!

NHS is not the only reason for going to Scotland as the lady who will put me up for a while has the same blood as my mother.  This is pretty rare stuff so of course I'm intrigued.  As I said previously, this isn't some kind of con as I really was born in Edinburgh and there's something of a pilgrimage in going to see it.  I haven't the faintest idea what will happen after that but I really haven't had any idea what would happen next from ever since I got to Greece.

Life is an adventure but only if you accept it!


(You can write your own editorial on what the U.S. really did owe me and didn't pay.  I couldn't be bothered to write that one again!  The only reason it's at all germane is that it's not the U.K.'s responsibility to make up that deficit.)

No comments: